Sign in to follow this  
xpfguy

where's the "i wanna make a shirt for dummys thread?"

looked in vinyl, heat press, and t-shirt categories and can't find a simple heat/time instructions list (if there is one).

I have Siser easyweed t-shirt material and the 15"x15" digital swingarm from usc.

I think the heat press is Celsius? I have a temp gun I plan to shoot the plate and see what it reads.

My first attempt I set it at 180 for 30 seconds and when I lifted the press, the entire transfer sheet was half stuck and hanging from the top of the press.

I tried again at 280 for 40 seconds and this time the transfer did stick to the shirt but I doesn't look to be applied very well, almost like you could peel the vinyl off the shirt although it is stuck there.

It was a white vinyl for a black t-shirt.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jason

First of all, what press are you using?

How do you have your pressure adjusted?

I would check the temp of the platen.  I believe Siser is 300 degrees for 15 seconds, I press mine pretty firm at 315 for 15 seconds, just so you see the texture of the shirt in the vinyl...hot peel and stretch just a bit....works great.

I use thermo flex plus and set my temp to 330 for 20 sec. medium pressure.

I use Thermo Flex Plus and havent tried siser weed but this youtube video tells you the setting to use. 302F 10-15 sec med pressure peeled hot

I did a test shirt with siser easy weed, at 400* for 10 seconds w/o a teflon sheet and it worked great. My heatpress is an old one used for screen printing since the mid 80s so it takes a while to heat up, but it gets to the set temp and stays at that temp solidly since its all steel plates and cast iron. It says peel hot but I waited till it was cold and peeled it that way, worked great, no shrinkage or stretching.

I use siser easy weed at 150 c at about 8-10 seconds per the instructions that came with my rolls. so far they have stayed on great.