Sign in to follow this  
Cutting_Edge

? on opening an illustrator file w/ Corel 12

I was sent an illustrator file and when I go to either open it or import it into Corel, my Corel closes down......

Now, here's what was sent......an illustrator file, then an eps file...was told by creator that it was created and then saved in legacy format......but I still can't open them....the second eps she sent me was over 11,000 KB and bogged down my system......

Am I doing something wrong?  Why can't I open these if she says she saved it back in a legacy format of ai 7?

TIA, cause I am confused over this one

Margaret

Here is what they sent me.....I have tried to both open it and import it into Corel 12 and nothing......I got a pdf to open in adobe reader, but copied and pasted it and after having to enlarge it 3X its size, it looked pretty crappy.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Margaret

One_LudingtonPlace_logo4C_eps.zip

One_LudingtonPlace_logo4C_eps.zip

Ok the zip file is no good.

Tried to open it in a couple of different zip programs.

Where is the pdf?

You could have them resend it in a AI file not zipped.

mark-s

I extracted it in my windows xp   imported it into Flexistarter  It is a Lighthouse in a circle  one ludington place condominiums

you have to extract the file BEFORE you import it into your software.  After it is extracted, then you import it into Corel or whatever you are using.   Why are you importing it into Corel  first anyway.?  are you changing it or something?  Did you try to import  into your cutting software?  SignBlazer, Signcut etc.  

I am printing this out of Corel......I did extract it first and then imported it to no avail.

Margaret

ok I understand now,  thought you was going to cut it. 

Thank you for everyone's help on this.....I took one person's file.....tore it apart and recreated the missing parts......

Thanks again for all the help

Margaret