Sign in to follow this  
Guest Schramm

Building a new website - Tell me what you think...

Guest Schramm

Well since my business is growing leaps and bounds I need a site that shows everything that we do.  Right now it is not 100% in fact I have 9 more galleries to install, 10+ videos and many other pages but I thought I would share it with you so you could give me insite on it now and make sure that it works.

What I would like to know is if the funtions are working for you, if the pages load fast and if you can figure out how to get from portfolio pages to the pages with pictures.  Keep in mind that not all pages are finishes and some are done but not loaded yet.  With that said here is the site:

www.etchedcabinetglass.com

i would add a bit of padding above you div "element18" so that your navigation isnt cutting through the images.

Also i would edit the "Design Gallery" tab and just call it Gallery or some other 1 word name, having it as 2 when all the rest are 1 word not only makes the text smaller and harder to read but just slightly clumsy.

besides that it looks pretty good, what are you using to build it?

Guest Schramm

I will look at that....  I am using Intuits new website building program.  So far it seems pretty good, I really like some of the templates but let me tell you between photo resizing, cleaning up my designs, layout, writing descriptions and adding the info and fixing the issues and some phone time with Intuit I have over 25 hours in this site so far and a long way to go!  This site should be insane!

I would fix the gallery links so that it didn't open a new tab/window every time you click one a gallery to view. Just my 2 cents. Looks like you are off to a good start though. :thumbsup:

I would fix the gallery links so that it didn't open a new tab/window every time you click one a gallery to view. Just my 2 cents. Looks like you are off to a good start though. :thumbsup:

i agree, google "lytebox" its an awesome way to display images in your page without opening new tabs.

Guest Schramm

Thanks for the imput, I can change that with the click of a button so it just takes you from one page to the next without opening a new page.  Thing is when you are doing this you think what you will like to see and not what it looks like to a customer, so you just have to ask everyone so that you can hear feedback.  Honesty is the best for me on this as if there is an issue I want to know it now and not once I make sure others can find it.

:thumbsup:

Very nice, for me the pictures and video came up quickly.

I too agree that it's better staying in the same window when you click on the picture links.

Very very nice, keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing the rest  ...... wht do you mean , there's more to come :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Its nice, good loading times and very clean. Just a few points.

Add a Logo to the top of page so it will appear on every page

Your buttons overlap the picture on the left and they look like an after thought, maybe with a central logo at the top they could underneath and be centered.

I would suggest changing Design gallery to gallery but you have portfolio aswell so its a little confusing as it appears to be the same thing, maybe you have another word already in mind?

The top bar of IE (the blue bar can't remember technical name lol) edit that so instead of just home or portfolio displays your company name - Home etc.

Hope my constructive critism can help in some way, well done on doing it all yourself though it can be very time consuming as you probably already know lol