avajo

Help, my cutter won't cut anymore!

I've had my cutter for a year or two now. I installed SignBlazer elements on my desktop and used it for a long time. My desktop crashed and I lost everything. I then installed the SignBlazer elements from my disk on my laptop and it worked fine. My wife's cord for her laptop broke and she had my cord so I reinstalled SignBlazer on my newly repaired desktop and now neither the laptop nor the desktop will cut. They both appear to be cutting, no communication messages or anything shows up, it just won't cut. It shows all the dotted colored lines on the cut screen after pressing the cut tile button, but the cutter just doesn't do anything. Please help, I just don't know what to do. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.

are you turning the cutter on before you are launching signblazer?

have you tried another quality usb cable?

I tried another cable. Am I supposed to turn the cutter on before I start signblazer?  I have not had any problems until my comp crashed and I put my signblazer elements disk, that come with my cutter, on my laptop, then back on my repaired desktop. Thanks

Still don't work, any other ideas of what might be wrong?  I am using the signblazer elements disk that come with my cutter when purchased. Thanks again.

The best thing to do is download the latest version of sign blazer which bannerjohn has posted in this forum. Do NOT download the one that has some kind of a patch to run sign blazer because it contains a virus! Then download the updated prolific drivers for the usb to serial port. When you have a refurbished computer, or reinstall a program they do not have the drivers and dll's you need to run the program or the cutter. Go to uscutter's support page and download all of the drivers you need. Uninstall and reinstall sign blazer. Then you should be alright.

yes turn cutter on first

i never turn my cutter on first. i don't think it makes a difference.

bb

I've had my cutter for a year or two now. I installed SignBlazer elements on my desktop and used it for a long time. My desktop crashed and I lost everything. I then installed the SignBlazer elements from my disk on my laptop and it worked fine. My wife's cord for her laptop broke and she had my cord so I reinstalled SignBlazer on my newly repaired desktop and now neither the laptop nor the desktop will cut. They both appear to be cutting, no communication messages or anything shows up, it just won't cut. It shows all the dotted colored lines on the cut screen after pressing the cut tile button, but the cutter just doesn't do anything. Please help, I just don't know what to do. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.

do you have your port settings correct? they must be the same in the cutter setup and in your computers control panel under device drivers.

bb

yes turn cutter on first

bb

Back in the old days of signblazer and my pcut if I didn't turn the cutter on first it would assign some off the wall com port - if the cutter was on first it never did this.  now with flexi and graphtec it doesn't matter

yes turn cutter on first

bb

Back in the old days of signblazer and my pcut if I didn't turn the cutter on first it would assign some off the wall com port - if the cutter was on first it never did this.  now with flexi and graphtec it doesn't matter

that's interesting because i only turn my cutter on when i am ready to do some cutting. never a problem with reasigned com ports, however i am using a null modem serial cable, not usb.

bb

maybe thats the difference - I have always used usb ports - and as we know they are not true usb!