Sign in to follow this  
schent

Copam CP-2500 tearing vinyl on fine detail

More or less of a Newbie here

recently purchased a Copam CP-2500

Seems to have issues with tearing vinyl on intricate detail and the edges of letters

Using Sign Blazer Elements, which is of course as stable as your average goth teenager.

Anyone else have a similar problem out there

I already set my pressure to 50 and my speed down to snail at 10 no real difference.

never had any major issues with tearing vinyl on intricate detail and the edges of letters, I have had some tiny jags on some letters, but it was the font not the cutter, it cuts exactly whats there.. might examine your artwork really close.. especially if you converting a font to curves, I'm using corel 12 & signcut2, somtimes when convert fonts in corel they will have jags or burs on them.

I'm using Sign Blazer Elements to vectorize the picture and then going right to a cut.  Font and picture are both being vectorized and cut.

Do you think that could have the effect?  Giving the cutter the small tears on an imperfect file?

that would be my theory, like I said earlier, I have cut some very detailed  shapes w/ no problems, have had more trouble w/ generic "aril type & times roman" fonts having "nicks" or jags on them.  but when zoom in on the file in corel I can see the  imperfections there.. cutter seems to cut what's there.. I examine all artwork really good b4 cutting, lot less headache.. I not familiar SB @ all,  I've had my CP2500 for 6 mo now, seem to have figured what works best for me, not ready to learn new cutware just yet, been to busy  :huh:

p.s make sure your blade is good, could have a burr on the blade...

i have had that problem with metallic vinyl . i have found out what fonts NOT to use with that harder vinyl & how small NOT to make it .

regards , Rodger Myers

I tried just a cut on some text only without using the vectorization in SB.

The cuts came out clean, the vectorizing seems to be the issue.

I have CS12 but cant figure out how to vectorize the image.

what steps do you use to vectorize in CS12?

:-

CS12... I assume your asking how to vector in Corel 12?

if design shapes in Corel it is automatic vector,

if typing in a font, you must convert it to curves

if using a photo, jpg, gif, tif or other raster file, it need to be traced to vector, C12 has trace but I prefer inkscape.

Hope I understood the question :-

Sorry, my bad

I have Adobe Creative Suite CS2

I tried some more text, it's definately the vectorization of the files I'm trying.

I guess I need the easiest method and program to vectorize these images properly

What do you surrest gg?

"Graphic Destroyer"

Damian

I have inheritade a mac w/ CS ill photshop all the mac programs to go w/ it on my day job, I haven't done anything w/ CS yet.... I would suggest use illustrator and export files out as an ai. I personally use and Corel, but i've been using it for about 12yrs now so more comfortable w/ it. I have had no problem cutting  illustrator files exported as ai files so far...using signcut... just make sure you have a good vector file b4 cutting... hope this helps... I will try and take some time and give a look @ CS