Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingWear

Direct to coroplast with sharpie?

Hello Everyone,

I use to talk regular with member Tater here on the board but havent spoke with him in some time now. He had videos up last time we talked showing how he used his Refine with modified rollers to accept coroplast blanks and plot using a sharpie to save on vinyl cost.

My question is how? How in the world do you modify the rollers to where the coroplast goes under them?

If you do modify them are you able to switch back and forth between coroplast and vinyl or are you force to stick with the sharpie technique?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tater if your out there drop me a PM.

Thanks.

Josh

I think Tater just reduced the pressure on the rollers - the refine is the only one I know you can do that on

To be honest too, I don't see how it is cheaper. Sharpies aren't that cheap, and I'm sure they run out quick doing it like this. Not to mention it would look like crap. Just use vinyl.

I think Tater just reduced the pressure on the rollers - the refine is the only one I know you can do that on

The rollers on a COPAMM 2500 are adjustable too but will not adjust enough to clear Coro. I have used a sharpie in my cutter several times to make paper banners. It worked real good for making the design outlines. Most were for birthday partys, so i let the kids color in the designs and letters with colored sharpies. Think giant coloring book page. The largest one was 24" x 13 feet. Now i just use my 42" HP. It does it in full color. Unless someone wants the kids to color it. :thumbsup: