Price for a building sign

I am getting ready to do a sign for for a local business

The sign will 3ft X 8ft coroplast with Orical 651

the logo is already in EPS ready to cut

they will hang the sign

What would a good price for this be?

post-3132-12986550359396_thumb.jpg

post-3132-1298655037579_thumb.jpg

I would say it depends where you are, how cheap is your competition, how interested are you in keeping more jobs from this customer and also how much your customer knows about those type of signs. Some small business owners makes a lot of signs during the year and they know a lot about pricing.

I am in New York, and usually that type of sign is never going to be less than $10 per sq ft. If you have a 3ftX8ft this is 24sq Ft. I would sell it for $250 or $300.

Again, it depends on your location and competition.

If you use coroplast, you need to know that it will start breaking down in about 3 years if it's in direct sunlight. Especially the white! I have a piece on my front porch that's a little over 3 years old that gets morning sun only. I can walk out there and push through it with my finger. If you plan on having them as a long term customer, I would go with the extra money of a metal sign blank. Just bump up the price to cover the difference and they will be satisfied. And the people who see your work will probably come to you quicker.

the owner wants coroplast its what the previous tenant had.

the logo I need to cut in 2 pieces since I have a 24in pcut

I was thinking $6 pure square foot that would be $144

is that to cheap?

I don't know what the market is like in Utah but I charge $10.00 per square foot for the vinyl alone. He would probably jump on the $6.00 per square as I'm sure you will be well below most of the sign shops around you. It really depends on if you are turning a profit at the price you quote.

Another thing to think about is since it's a 3' x 8', you could actually cut the Donut hole logo at 24", giving you 6" space at the top and bottom without having to do it in two pieces. You really don't want to crowd the logo into the frame edge anyway. And I understand you not wanting to leave money on the table. But you also don't want to watch that money go into someones pocket but yours!

$6 a square is too low for double color, go with what i suggested. It will give you a nice profit.

I'm charging $120 for 4'x8' coro /white simple lettering.

Considering  coro is cheap ($6.25-$9.50 a sheet ) it makes nice money maker.

My experience tells me that people  who order coro as temp sign usually come back for more permanent signage.

So, for something like that I would charge $140.00 +Tax(without install)

Good luck

D.