haumana

pen plotting

Just wondering if anyone out there has tried it, and if so, is there any tricks, tips, or advice for a newbie.

I love the cutter, but I thought it was a total bonus that it can pen plot too.

I've done a couple things with a sharpie, it fits right in there. If I'm having trouble cutting something I usually put in a sharpie and a sheet of card stock to make sure it will cut right instead of wasting vinyl.

That's primarily why I bought mine and it works really well. You just need to play around with the pen pressure, start lite and work your way up.

I can't get a sharpie in my cutter...just to tall. I did pick up a plotter pen and after some modifying of the pen it works fairly well.

It would be nice if USCuter would come up with other pens for the PCut -- I have used the pen they provide, but would love to be able to use something like a Sharpie!!

Not sure what machine you guys are cutting on but I have a mh721 and I can use a full size sharpie. They also make mini sharpies too, you might try that.

I have the 25" PCut -- Mini Sharpies are too thin to fit and regular Sharpies are too tall to fit!!!  :huh:

I have the 25" PCut -- Mini Sharpies are too thin to fit and regular Sharpies are too tall to fit!!!  :huh:

put a little masking tape on the mini-sharpie to fatten it up a bit. if you roll it pretty tight, and the pressure is moderate, I would guess that it should be okay with no slippage. Blue painters tape is my favorite masking tape media ... gotta love the stuff.

If I sit around long enough, I come out with a Macgyver solution once in a great while ... not that all of them ever work  ;D

Actually did that last night -- not too bad, but then I got the pressure too high and mushed the tip -- oh well, today I go out and buy more minis  :huh: