Sign in to follow this  
Soul Reaper

Seiki SK870T 34inch

high guys,

I have right now a US Cutter 24" laserPoint. i love it a lot.

The problem is that it is at my work. The other problem is My Lovely wife is into Scrap booking. 

My wife is sees how easy it is to cut things out so she wanted to get that stupid cricut machine.

I said no. So i was told i need to buy something like that for her B-Day. I want something Bigger if i buy something i want it to do everything.

I want it to be able to cut sandblasting material, and thick poster board and stuff. My boy will need it to do school projects and stuff.

I found this on the internet.

http://www.screenprintingsupplies.com/Seiki_SK-870T.htm

please tell me what you think. Also how is flexi starter software? i have signcut pro at work here. It is not bad but am still learning the software's i run.

The stuff i run is

Adobe Illustrator 3

inkscape

Corel Draw 3

Signcut Pro

I run the stuff off my laptop. that way i can take the work home with me when needed.

Thanks for the input.

I am looking to spend around $1000.00 + or -

i hear the Graphtec CE 5000 is great but will it cut the thick stuff.

also what about the ZenCut Black

I want to buy something once and only once. so i want to buy a good one now instead of later. :thumbsup:

THXS,

Soul Reaper

It's a decent cutter..I have one sitting side by side with a refine mh870. They are about teh same in quality but the refine is a lot cheaper in price.($319 with ship on ebay)

The Seiki machine can be purchased directly from SeikiTech for $30 less,with free shipping.

For under $1000, I'd go with the refine. But the ZenCut machines are really nice,from what I read...and hear.

This unit is like the OLD p-cut machines - serial connection only.  your maching should do what you want already with a carrier sheet like the cricut or craft robo uses for the sheetgoods

I bought a couple of the Cricut mats and cut some craftbooking paper on my LP 24. I bought the Cricut blade, the edges of those have a longer cutting face. My Lp cut it no problem. For teh price difference I wouldn't be afraid to buy a cheap cutter and try it out. The nice thing about the P-cut and the LP is that you can buy the flat table wings from UScutter to make a nice flat work table for the mats to set on.

Kevin

Graphtec all the way bro - tested time and time again to be the best!  try to find as many happy Zencut owners

or even a single review!