Sign in to follow this  
Soul Reaper

stalling issue

i have a picture i am cuttint it does good it it is small. (12X6) lookes great. But when i do a big scale of it it freezes up on me. Also if i do it to fast it cuts but it is not as clean as it should be. when it cuts slower it stalles and i have to start all over.

I am using

US Cutter 24" Laserpoint

Laptop with vista 2gb memory

SignCut Pro  Software

USB connection

Any help please.

The first thing I would do is spray some antistatic spray around your cutter and be sure the cutter is grounded with a copper wire from the base of the plotter to the stand. Static buildup can cause the problem you have reported and they are especially troublesome during the winter with low humidity.

Also please post a copy of your file so we can test cut it on our laserpoint, and tell us what finished size your file was supposed to cut.

that worked Kimon. would have never thought something that simple would do that. but always check the simple stuff first. thats what i do when i work on cars, check the simple stuff first.

thank you,

Nick

Just my 2 cents, I have a Refine 1351 and ran into the same problem. My issue was the screen saver. On long cuts it would come up and 30 seconds or so later, cutter would stop and not restart. Disabled the screensaver and no more issues.