haumana

Graphic Tablets

I'm considering picking one up. Any advice? Ideally I would like to use it to input images from tracing paper. I know that the tablets are supposed to be pressure sensitive, but would I be able to lay the tracing paper on the tablet, or does the pen need to be in direct contact. I have a scanner, but it's a tank and the images that it scan suck.

Just wondering if the bigger active space is really that beneficial (since the tablets aren't as cheap as mouse's/mice/whatever)?

A mouse isn't required, as I really love my kensington trackball. Do you think a cheapy graphics tablet is viable? (or is it more - you get what you pay for?).

tablets are cool but for much less money you could get a new scanner with lots of new features.

good point.

I am considering replacing the scanner for one of the newer epson all-in-one's. I just figured if I got the tablet, then that would eliminate the need to vectorize since I would be using the vector tools to trace/create the image ... although I could be totally wrong about that too. I know just enough about vectorizing to make me frustrated that I don't know enough. hahahaha.  :huh: