Sign in to follow this  
pastortommy

pressure not working

Since I got my cutter back from USC I am still having a problem. The blade pressure does not seem to change at all no matter what I set it to. 0, 10 - 100 all cut right through the vinyl and backing. This was not a problem before I sent it in for repairs. Anyone have an idea of for a fix?

Blade is set in holder properly.

they replaced the motherboard. All of the problems that required the motherboard fix seem to be corrected.

LP24

SBE and/or Flexi Starter

I am still having major problems with the presure and blade hplder on my LP24.

After much testing it seems that the cover on the blade holder is so loose that it turns and changes how much of the blade is showing or possibly the internal magnet (in the holder) is defective?? It goes both ways, the blade will suddenly be protruding to far and another time it will completely disappear into the holder. This machine is only 5 months old and has already been sent back for a new motherboard.

The problem with the motherboard seems to have been completely remedied with the new board.

Do you think the blade holder is defective? How can I further test it?

The laserpoint knife holder has a o-ring inside of it that keeps it from changing - is that missing? if not I would check and see if the blade is moving freely in the holder - is it sticking and not seating all the say to the bottom when inserted?  if so some light wight oil will help that.  the blade should be pulled into the holder the last little bit by a magnet.