Sign in to follow this  
convictedthruChrist

How to align your Paper?

I know this sounds dumb, but I just can't figure it out after days of trying and reading forums. I am trying to cut an 8.5 x 11" heat transfer paper. The paper already has my design on it, so lining up is crucial. I can never seem to load the paper correctly onto the us cutter mh871. when I start the cutting process, i am completely out of line. Where is the zero point for lining up a 8.5 x 11" piece of paper onto the cutting machine? I have changed x and y to the proper size on sign cut. I just can't seem to figure  out where to line up the paper so when it starts to cut, it hits its target. PLEASE PLEASE HELP My original thought was lining up the corner of the paper to the blade. That was a bad thought.

Guest manwayvan

What you are wanting to do is contour cut the image so that you have only your transfer left. I am not sure about signcut exactly but look up CRD he had a great post on how to contour with signcut

Thank you for the quick responses. The video was great, However I do not have the laser cutter, I have the Mh 871 us cutter. I am also using the sign cut pro version not sign cut x2. The video tutorial made sign cutx2 look better than the pro. Which is?I think my biggest problem is how Illustrator Cs4 changed the crop marks. I think I need to figure that out, then get a nice ruler, then experiment till I have found the correct points. I just have a bad feeling I'm gonna keep messing it up and loose the correct cuts. I hate that mental block feeling ;D

Guest manwayvan

lol I know what ya sayin but you can contour cut without a laser you will just need to either attach a laser to your MH or use the pen and line up your pen to the registration mark. I could not get SignCut Pro to work with my PCut so I am currently trying to figure out contour using flexi and to have it actually recognize the calibration menu where I can align 4 marks instead of 1 for better contour. However I can cut a contour manually so it beats nothing

AHHHHHH!!!!! This is non stop frusturating to learn. I'm just having serious mental blocks. Do you know if there are offsets I can use to say, Line up the pen or cutter to the edge of an 8.5 x 11" paper, then when it goes to cut, it will line up with the design. I have the pen in the cutter right now and everything seems cool except for lining it up with my pre printed design. I think I need a base paper with grids to figure out the initial offset and then adjust my paper to the right location before I hit the cut button. I just wish someone knew where I can just place the sheet of paper, as dumb as it sounds, and have it hit my design properly. Cs4 is no good with registration marks, as far as I can figure. I don't know man, I'm just 28 hours into the same problem that seems so simple, yet I can't seem to get it! Maybe I should be doing this sober LOL

Guest manwayvan

Sobriety is for quitters..lol Dont give up

Wow talk about junping in the deep end of the pool right off the bat . . .trying to contour cut with a plotter not intended to contour cut!  As said it can be done but it is challenging even for an old timer without a machine made to contour cut.  good luck and keep us posted

O.K, PROB 1 SOLVED. I got rid of the mh 871 and got the zen cut green for contour cutting. It does not have a laser yet reads the registration marks, so I know this is where my new problem is. I am a total NOOB at this and have been reading several post, yet can't seem to find the right one. I'm using Illy cs4 and for now just creating a text to test cut. I have created outlines and got rid of the bounding box. I then print with the Japanese Reg marks, and send to SC pro. I use the single key function on the ZEN Cut Green to measure media width which I'm only using an 8.5 x 11 inch paper. I've created crop marks, and tried offsets, yet I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. It will cut the text format, just not where I need it to on the paper. Where oh where am I messing up? Sorry for the dumb ? to you experienced people, I made a mistake of thinking this would be easy to learn. Thanks for all help. Ohh, if this helps, after I've tried aligning a few times, I went back to Illy cs4 and moved my design around, each time getting closer to the mark.  I know that's not the way it should be done, yet I hope that helps isolate a problem.

Does the zencut comes with any kind of program that works as interface?

What was on the disks with it does it have any pdf manual?

Please provide us as much with info you can.

You are the first to use it and we all like to know results so where able we will help.

Does it have any plug ins?

Please let us know first this info.

I know SCP also works with graphtecs which use similar optical reading system.

But I have never seen a manual how it work with SCP.

I know Graphtecs using there own interface (forgot the name).

Paco