Sign in to follow this  
aidencooperdesigns

COPAM SPEED FORCE OFFSET

Im trying to cut out a sign..... I finally got my computer and cutter to communicate... then I did a cut out from sign cut... now the sign didnt even cut... not sure if the offset was correct or if the blade was too high off of the cutting mat....

here are my settings right now

copam 2500

oracal vinyl 631

speed force offset is 50cm/s  90g  0.25mm

anyone have any advice on what i should set it too??

whenever i do the test cut from the machine itself its cuts ALL the way through the vinyl and the backing...

how should it cut???

Thanks,

Lindsay K.

it should only cut the vinyl,,, not the backing.  and your blade should be barely sticking out of the blade holder.  If the blade is barely sticking,  then start backing off on the force, until it stops cutting thru the backing paper, oh I see you have SIGNCUT   sorry.  

when i set the offset in signcut it has not measurements after it.... also

im lost totally... YES I AM A NEWB.... what is an offset....  the space between the blade and page???

my signcut says 0 and then when you go to setup on my copam thats where the speed force offset is on the display!

LMK

You will have to do more searching on the forum for your answers. Sorry.  That is as far as I can get you.  There is a copam thread and a Signcut,   I don't have either.    If you do not have a user manual,  go into  support and download it. The info is there for what offset means.  also you should read thru the New bie manual in the instructional thread.  

The offset controls the path of the blade on corners of the cutpath - think of it like swinging a little wide when you are pulling a trailer so the trailer wheels don't jump the curb when you take a corner.  Offest is a little "overshoot" of the corners to make it come out square.  This is because the blade point is slightly behind the center of the blade as it swivels around in following the cutpath.

The offset setting should be .25mm on the Copam lcd screen.  If Signcut has a place to enter an offset it should be set to 0.  In any case the offset will not effect whether the cut is too deep and cuts through the backing or not deep enough and doesn't cut through the vinyl.  Your blade exposure (in the holder) is where you need to be making adjustments.  You can test the exposure of the blade by hand - use a scrap of vinyl hold the blade holder vertically and manually draw a circle or square shape. Check to see if the vinyl cut and the backing is not cut through.  Play with the amount of blade exposed until you get a good cut on the vinyl and no cut on the backing you can then put it in the cutter and try a test cut.  Your speed and force settings should be OK.

I think this should get you going.

If you are getting partial cuts - one thing to check is if the cutting strip is seated evenly across the width of the cutter - if it is uneven you will not get a uniform cut depth across the width of the material.  Press it down firmly if there are any high spots.

-mike