Sign in to follow this  
wiregems

Everything's backwards!

I'm really enjoying my new 630 but I can't figure out why it's cutting "backwards."  In other words, if I'm standing facing the cutter and send a job from FlexiPro, the knife begins by moving to the right of it's original position instead of the left.  In the General tab in Production Manager, the image is in the lower right corner of the material screen.  If I move the image to the left to reposition it on the vinyl, the knife simply moves farther to the right to start cutting - it's moving backwards to the Flexi image.  The measuring tape on the machine goes from 0 to 70 from left to right, so I would expect the knife to advance to the right when finishing a job, but it advances to the left.  Then when the job is finished, instead of advancing the vinyl forward, it pulls it backwards. 

Is this a setting on the machine I am missing or a setting in Flexi I haven't found?

Also, is there any way to keep the knife from advancing sideways and forward (or in my case, backward) at all, once the job is finished?

Sure would appreciate your help!

Carolyn

I don't have the p-cut but I seem to remember that when you go to set it up for the first time,you have to chose the origin,left or right. Check the settings.

Thanks, but I guess I need to post this on the PCut section of the forum instead of the Flexi section.  I only received two CDs with my cutter, one for SignBlazer and one for PLTDraw.  I connected my cutter to Com1 via the 9-pin serial cable and no setup screen or wizard ever presented itself.  I just tried the first cut and the cutter worked, albeit backwards.

I use Flexi on my main cutter. I think the problem is that the P-cut cuts from the left by default(this is the way of it in many countries) and you need to set it to cut from the right. I can't see any setting in Flexi for that.What driver are you using in Flexi to cut on the p-cut?

Guest sciondrgn

I was going to say Driver issue if not hardware, I use flexi with my pcut and didnt see any options for that.

I kinda wondered about the country of origin affecting how it worked, but even in China, I'd think they'd want the vinyl to advance forward from the roll instead of backward.

Anyway, I tried installing SignBlazer and managed to send something to the cutter from it. The orientation in SB

download and install the new driver. It is probably an update to fix problems such as yours. When i do this,I usually copy the old driver into another folder somewhere so I can reinstall if I have to.

Removed and saved the old driver and dropped the new driver from USCutter.com into the Output Drivers folder.  Machine operates just as it did before - no change.

Any more suggestions?  I guess I can live with it this way, but would prefer not to.

Thanks,

Carolyn

Yeah, Gnatt, I guess that's what I'll have to do, too.  But I don't know why everybody else gets to do it normal and you and I don't.

Ah, life.  Sometimes it just isn't fair.  Hope this is the biggest problem you and I ever have! :huh:

Carolyn

im a newbie, so im sure someday ill have the patience to look around for a fix/setting thats messed up, but for now..i make the F backwards. lol.

until then im cutting vinyl like a fool making my p-cut happy.

Mine is the same way wiregem! I just move the cutter to the other side of the vinyl and mirror the image. BTW those drivers from uscutter and the ones included with Flexi 7.6 are identical

Guest Terry

You can also go to your top tool bar, click help, go to flexi web site, then  e-support. Different site than Banners.

I believe it is a driver issue. Same thing happened when I fired up my 630 the first time connected to my work machine. Don't use the HPGL driver. Someone here already posted using the DMPL driver works and that fixed it for me. I know a bit about motors so if your machine is jamming against one side, shut the plotter off immediately and find the fix.

I believe it is a driver issue. Same thing happened when I fired up my 630 the first time connected to my work machine. Don't use the HPGL driver. Someone here already posted using the DMPL driver works and that fixed it for me. I know a bit about motors so if your machine is jamming against one side, shut the plotter off immediately and find the fix.

It's definately in the driver.  When I first set mine up (a ctn-1200) I chose the ctN-1200 driver in flexi (Which kinda makes sense, cause that's what it be...), and was having the same problem - custting backwards (reversed X-axis).

I went into flexi setup and changed it to the CT-1200 (not the CTN, or the dmpl), and it works perfect.    ;D