Sign in to follow this  
Cuttter

What software are you using for LaserPoint?

I am really sick and tired of using Signblazer Elements. Seems as if there is no support for this software like there used to be when I first got the machine.

If you own one of these cutters Please let me know what other software there is that can be used with this cutter. As I am wanting to get away from SBE. 

I use Illustrator and Signcut Pro. Pretty happy with it. It is a cut only program. It will work as a plug in with Inkscape (shareware) Corel Draw and Illustrator.

I have used SBE, and still do occasionally, but have tried CorelDraw with signcut, Illustrator with signcut, but finally invested in Flexisign Pro 8.1, By far it works the best and easiest of all the ones I tried.

the learning curve is much less than with Corel or illy and it can't even be compared to Signblazer, It's like a Porsch next to VW rabbit. Both get you there, but with not quite the same experience.

Kevin

I use an unlocked* version of SBE (6.0.21) --- have been using it for about 3 years with no problems. it does everything I want and more. I even got the contour cutting down pat.

I tried using Flexi for a while -- went back to SBE as I found it easier to use.

* unlocked = no nag screens  :thumbsup:

personally I started with signblazer and have forced myself to switch to flexi - more features.  It is very hard though once you have learned signblazer to switch you train of thought to flexi as some of the stuff like width and length on the cutting side are just bass ackwards from each other.