Sign in to follow this  
Cuttter

Cutter not closing cut, Read before Judging Please!

Ok, I have adjusted the offset from 0-40 this is not the issue, I have also made sure the sand paper roller is tight. Seems as if the black pinch roller is slipping but I just bought this last week. Please look at the pictures I have posted, I have wasted over 5 yards of vinyl trying to adjust it, why? Because it only has this issue on long cuts and not on the small cuts.

post-2074-12986549470529_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986549471268_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986549472663_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986549481618_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986549482132_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986549482648_thumb.jpg

you have several types of cutting software listed in your signiture,,   which one are you using for this cutter?  SBE  Flexi  what? 

How big is the actual gap. It is hard to judge scale from the picture. My PCut will drift a little over long cuts and I have never found a way to correct it.

Sorry I am using SBE, But I just cut another decal and this time the unclosed area was on the rectangle that was cut after the image was cut and the space is like 1/4 of an inch. I think that what ever it is that is causing the vinyl to bunch up is the problem. I have also cleaned the black rubber wheels because they were dirty.

:D   Laughing my butt off, My machine was off balance. I had to use a level, Wasted all that vinyl. Apparently when the left side is lower than the right, on a long cut the vinyl roll unrolls shifting to the left. Next time I know.

OK, that was not the issue. It only fixed the vinyl from bunching. I am about to uninstall SBE and try to reinstall. Since I can't get an upgrade.

Ok I have corrected the fall down of the end and start points. I had to adjust the screws on the rubber belt on the actual machine that takes the carriage right and left. There should not be more than 1/4-1/2 slack away from the black wall behind the carriage. Much like an automobiles belt when in time it gets worn, it has to get adjusted. Same with this machine, I had to adjust the belt pulley. Thank you to Howard at USCUTTER

Picture below......

For the work not closing, start to end. No matter how much I adjusted the offset, the cutter always never closed. I had to build up a sharpie marker with tape to help with the conclusion that the blade holder was the culprit. As you can see in the image below the start and end close at all three points. So I have a new blade holder, and cutting strip on the way. I will post an update when these have arrived.  Thank you for your help on this matter Levi at USCUTTER

post-2074-12986549531222_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986549531723_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986549572163_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986549572489_thumb.jpg

I have adjusted the belt and the slack has gone away. I have also replaced the blade holder, all the cuts are now closing. Now if I could only get the cutting strip to fit...it is smaller than the original that came with the machine.