Sign in to follow this  
New Jersey

new member/need some advise

Hello,

I'm happy to have found this site. I make custom fishing rods in New Jersey and also T shirts.

I presently buy small decals that measure approx 2" wide of various fish.  I am looking for a plotter or similar item that will print small decals, and peoples names,  small window stickers for the back of cars, and perhaps the ability to make t shirt transfers. I would like to keep it in the cost range  from $300-$1,000.

I would like to use gold metallic and silver metallic on some work. I would like to thank anyone in advance for responding.

Jersey

US Cutter has alot of options in your price range. A lot of people use Graphtec and others. I personally own a Pcut which is on the cheaper side. It does well for a starter. I will be upgrading this year to one that does contour cutting.

All of the cutters will cut window vinyl, t-shirt transfer vinyl, and the metalics you want.

If you go for a lower end cutter in the Pcut or MH series you can get you a nice heat press and still stay under $1000. Sunie offers good heatpresses on their website for $300-$400 with a 3 year warranty.

I started with a p-cut and moved up as the cutters paid for themselves - p-cut or refine will cut the vinyl you need.  you mentioned printing though and if you want printed this is another ball of wax altogether and to do it properly you are looking at 12000+ just for a starter

by the way

Welcome from Michigan

There is a thread on here on printing with desktop printers and laminating them but I would look at using some of our members here that have eco sol printers.  I know fivestar does he does great work and is reasonable

Big foot, I already have the heat press.

Dakota, cant go for 12,000

Thanks for the info

then probably best to sub out the work to one of the people on here that already have one!  there are several I have used fivestar with great success