Sign in to follow this  
duck1973

Help with LXi 8.5---can't open Corel files now

Help with LXi 8.5---can't open Corel files now  

1. 1. Help with LXi 8.5---can't open Corel files now

Hello everyone,

I am using the LXi 8.5 apprentice software.   I had it installed on my desktop then got a virus so put on a brand new laptop.  Now I cannot import or open Corel files in LXi.  I use to be able to open the files with no problem.  I did a complete system wipe and reimage of the desktop and installed on there again and still cannot open the Corel files in LXi.  I have tried saving as several different types of files thru Corel but still no luck.

Any ideas?  What am I doing wrong?  Never had any problems before so now I am all kinds of confused.

I posted this in the Flexi section because I have been told it is basically the same software but packaged differently for Signwarehouse to sell.  

If I am in the wrong area please let me know where to post.

Thanks,

Darren

not trying to be a smart a**   but when you import  at the bottom of the import  page,  Where is says FILES OF TYPE  do you have it on  ALL FILES(**) ?    What does it do when you try to import?    Are you able to import other files?   .eps  .ai    etc.  

It lets me do everything like I am importing but then it just pops up a box saying file format not supported.  I have tried CDR, AI, EPS and several others as well and it does the same thing.

Thanks

are you importing  right?  and NOT opening, right?    can you upload a picture of the  import box when you import?  just take a picture  and upload it to the forum.    have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your software?   

Speedoggy---first I just want to say thanks for helping.  Really appreciate all the info and help I have got from this board.

So I just tried something else and it worked.  I exported my file out of Corel to my download file then OPENED in LXi.  That worked fine.  Before though I could just do 'save as file type' from Corel into a file on my desktop.  Then when in LXi I could just open that particular file.  for now I have a way to do my work but don't understand why the change.

Any idea's?  I can snap a picture and upload here though as well.  Give me a few.