Sign in to follow this  
Kysmiley

Sign Blazer freezing up

I am not sure if this is sign blazer or my MH721 cutter. When I cut vinyl that is lets say 40 inches long and attempt to do a second cut of the same image my sign blazer freezes up on my to the point I have to restart my computer. At times if the cut is too long the program/cutter freeze during the cut and the cutter stops. I have not figured out yet how to set the program to make more than one cut with out the cutter starting back at the begging, one inch from the top of the first cut. My cutter is connected via USB could this be my trouble?

Pat

I had similar issues using USB. Next time instead of re-starting try just unplugging the USB cable from your cutter. that used to work for me. I switched from USB to Serial connection and the issue went away.

Jay

There are several com settings that we can adjust for you that will probably remedy this problem. Give us a call at 888-298-8143 or submit a support ticket at support.uscutter.com.

If you have a serial port on your computer switch to that. This may fix the issue, it generally does.

it rarely happens for me with sign blazer (although it has), but similar things also happen at other times, and just like jay said, 9 times out of 10, if my computer freezes, just unplug any usb devices and it runs again.

if your like me, the only option for hooking up a serial cable is through a usb adapter, so thats out for me.

Where do I find the drivers if I switch over to a serial port?  I do not know if I still have the drivers.

I had similar issues using USB. Next time instead of re-starting try just unplugging the USB cable from your cutter. that used to work for me. I switched from USB to Serial connection and the issue went away.

Jay

Thanks much!  I just switched to using a newer Dell pc and have had a few glitches that I never had with my older machine.  One of which is SB freezing and refusing to shutdown, even ending the process in task manager.  Unplugging the USB instantly closed it, I re-opened SB and it worked great.

I don't think that drivers are required with a serial connection.

Jay

I don't think that drivers are required with a serial connection.

Jay

Correct. The serial does not need drivers because Windows has them stock.

I tried using the serial port today, SB could not see the port connection it did not show on my list. I have also tried many times to to unplug the usb cable but but that did nothing. I will call tomorrow to find out about changing com port setting. Right now the program seems to be using com port one and I know this may be my problem. I would prefer using my serial port connection but as I said already it was not listed in my list of connection type.

Thanks every one for all the great feed back so far.

I am using serial. Mine is set to Blazer COM1:-Communications Port

Jay

Right now the program seems to be using com port one and I know this may be my problem.

mine uses com port 5.

i dont think that this is your usb problem, as your op stated something about problems cutting a SECOND tile. if the usb com port setting was wrong, you wouldnt be cutting anything.

not that any of that helps you with the serial settings :huh:

Well I called UScutter today, but did not have Internet so they were not able to fully fix the problem. We found out what is wrong but we could not seem to fix it. I will call again in the morning It seems that my flow control wont save when I change it in Dev. manager, it keeps reverting back to none.Hopefully tomorrow will fix the problem, then I will be able to get these orders out the door with out waisting so much vinyl.

Pat

Ok I think I got it working. My wife suggested restoring defaults first then setting flow control. When I did this the flow control stayed as hardware like I wanted. Now to start cutting and see if it works. Thank-you everyone, mostly Levi at Uscutter.

Pat

well that did not fix the problem. It started out ok other than having to unplug the usb cable after each cut so the next cut would work. Now it seems to start cut a few letters and a long line for the box then it stops cutting all of a sudden. Could it be a bad usb cable

Was this problem ever fixed, I used to have this same problem when I first got my cutter...I then I purchased a USB-Serial converter and the problems all went away.