Sign in to follow this  
DK-Freestyle

Trying to update

It's already bad enough that I have to exit out of the registration boxes at the start, but now my software is trying to update itself, even though SignBlazer isn't around anymore. I tried getting into my hard drive files and deleting the update folder, but I don't wanna risks ruining something. Anyone know how I can make it so the update box doesn't pop up anymore? And better yet, so the registration boxes don't pop up either?

Right click on the created SBE icon on your desktop, then left click on Properties. Change the Target from ending in sb.exe to sbnt.exe, then click Apply, then OK. This is to keep the software from trying to connect to the removed SBE server to search for an update every time you start up the program.

Right click on the created SBE icon on your desktop, then left click on Properties. Change the Target from ending in sb.exe to sbnt.exe, then click Apply, then OK. This is to keep the software from trying to connect to the removed SBE server to search for an update every time you start up the program.

Thanks, that got rid of the update screen. Any idea how to get rid of the registration boxes?

There was a link to a patch posted a while back by DeonCarpenter:

http://216.71.75.104/ags/SBE_update_plus_patch.zip

It is a zip file and inside are instructions how to apply it. It will remove the registration box and the trial nag screens.

Jay

I don't know what went wrong, but that link you sent me just gave me a Trojan Virus.

I used that same link and it worked fine for me.. I think I remember my virus program saying it was a trojan but it was'nt...I think I remeber seeing that on here somewhere about it doing that.

that is correct. the patch is a trojen of sorts. that is to say your av software sees it as a threat when in fact it is not. i have had the patched software running on a laptop for a year with no problems.

bb

So the patch is safe? It doesn't contain a virus? My computer removed it because I figured it was a legitimate virus.

The patch is safe and does not contain a virus. It most likely see it as one because it modifies the SignBlazer registry.

Jay

I'd hate to sound arrogant, but what is the patch suppose to do? I just ran it and it changed my registration pages.

It removes the "Trial" nag screens and the registration box and adds a lot of different cutters to the list that will work with SignBlazer.

Jay

Did you try filling it in and then click "Print Registration Details"?

:thumbsup: I guess that would help, lol. I'm at home right now, I'll get the cutter info at work and do it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works, thanks.

So I finally uploaded it onto my work computer, and I'm still getting the same thing as before, but I filled in the registration box. I don't have an activation code, so I'm still on trial mode. What can I do??

I'm only getting the second box that says 'Enter Activation Code'. I didn't get an activation code because I know Blazer has been out of business for a while. How can I get out of Trial mode?

Yes I did. I changed it to Sign Wizard UK or something like that. I filled in the registration form, and that was it. It's still showing the Trial mode box.