Sign in to follow this  
sbarr

Blade holder not lifting

My LaserPoint 24 has been working well until just recently.  Now everything I cut has extra lines where the blade does not pickup.  I removed the red cover over the blade holder mechanism and made a quick inspection.  Everything looks normal. 

However when the power is off, I can lift the blade holder approximately .05 inch.  As soon as you let go of the holder, it drops back down.  I have the tip of the blade just barely out of the holder, and it is resting on the bed of the cutter.

I've attached a couple of pictures, but it's hard to show the movement since it's only .05 inch.

I read on the forums that the blade holder is energized down, and the spring should lift the blade.  Which makes sense.  I don't see any way to adjust the up travel.

Any suggestions, or other things to try?  I read a bunch of posts that talk about grounding, and static, and I don't think that applies to my situation.

Thanks!

Steve

Bellville, OH

post-6659-12986548385574_thumb.jpg

post-6659-12986548385956_thumb.jpg

post-6659-12986548399099_thumb.jpg

post-6659-12986548399353_thumb.jpg

I should move more then the .05 inch.

SOmethings blocks uptravel.

Remove blade holder and check if the arm that holds the blade holder can move up down more.

Paco

.5 would make sense. I thought my refine when I had it would energize to raise the blade. . . .LEVI  get in here!

I just checked my Pcut.

up down is around 8 mm. free movement.

Bottom of knife holder Pcut not Roland) in up position is 5 mm measured to cutting surface.

So remove the blade older and check for free movement again.

Paco

I am here! I would highly recommend starting a support ticket on this one as this is going to take some work. The first thing we need to find out is do you have a multi meter and do you know how to use it? The next question would be did this just happen one day or was this after a part swap or what? Any info on changes made that may have caused this will help greatly.

Please start a support ticket at support.uscutter.com. This will help us to keep track of this issue and get it taken care of in a timely manner.