Sign in to follow this  
stewiegriffin

Proper way to turn an transfer image to cuttable object ?

So whats the proper way , when I save an image and just try to cut it in flexsign it says no cuttable object. I open it up in adobe illustrator and live trace it, but it distorts some lines on particular images. So is there any other way to go about this easier ?

Most all images require some clean up after you vectorize them ..  I use Illy  CS2  and no problems,  You cannot just import a raster JPEG, BITMAP  image into Flexi,  I am assuming you mean Flexistarter,,,  The image has to be vectorized first.  You can also use a FREE program like  www.inkscape.org    and vectorize images. 

If your image is good enough to trace, you'll want to import it into Illustrator.  Use Illustrator to vectorize your image.  As Speedy said, you'll likely need to do a good amount of cleaning up before you get yourself a good clean cuttable object.  Once you have this image vectorized to your satisfaction, import into Flexi and send it to the cutter.

What Mark-s said... Just click on the bitmap button pick rastarize when it's done click the bitmap button again and pick vectorize then select your image

it will end up a vector

MM64  :thumbsup: