Sign in to follow this  
anahm09

Cut A Print Problem

I have followed all the steps to contour cut a decal, but after jogging the laser, I hit next and then click cut and it doesn't cut.  Any ideas?  This is my first attempt to contour cut. But I have followed the instructions.

Thanks

are you using the usb or serial connection? it doesn't seem to like to work on the usb connection where i have had no problems with it using the serial connection.

bb

I am using a usb, which was a concern,  but  I have no problems when cutting even the most difficult vinyls. It is just when I click cut on the cut a print, it doesn't cut.

Thanks for the help. 

I am using USB, but it has no problem cutting anything else.  Only when contour cutting. I don't have a computer with a serial 9pin. Is there anything else I can try to eliminate before I go buy a computer?

Just curious, I apologize if you mentioned this and I missed it.  But when you say it doesn't cut, is there no reaction from the cutter at all?  Or do you get movement, but no proper cut?  If you can kind of explain the process of the problem that would be great.  It could be anything at this point from the USB connection, to the Driver, to just the setting on your cutting software.  If it's doing other cuts, I would say configuration, but would need more info.

I can cut normally.  But when attepmting to contour cut, I make the print it, make the outline, cut a print, jog, click cut.  When I do so, I see it pop up for less than half a second, ("Cuting a Print") or somthing of that nature and at the bottom of the screen I see it load extreamly fast, but the cutter does not respond.  It doesn't move the vinyl, the blade holder doesn't move, and the screen still says online.

Thanks for the help.  I would like to at least get some backing information before I build a computer only to find out that it was a different issue. I am not even sure having this cutter will be able to advance to anything other than cutting for friends and family.

Okay so I am officially frustrated.  I just went out and built a computer specifically for this vinyl cutter, got the only motherboard they had that had serial 9 pin on it.  Came home built it, connected the cutter and still no contour cut.  Now that the battle between usb and serial is over with and I am out of $700 can someone please tell me what they think might be the issue.  Again, I can cut normally, but when trying to contour cut, I can jog the laser left and right, but when I click cut, for a split second it says Cut a print... but the blade holder nor the vinyl ever move. I must have done something wrong in the screens leading up to the cut a print screen,  I have tried deleting everything except the outline, I have tried everything I can think of with no luck  Please help me.