Sign in to follow this  
Booper

FOAMCORE

My buddy wants me to do some pricing boards for inside his auto detailing shop and has requested them on black foamcore board, which as I understand it is a cheap foam with paper on both sides. My questions are,

- how do I cut it, xacto blade and a metal straightedge? Tablesaw?

- im assuming you cant apply the vinyl wet, so how does everyone apply the vinyl to it, any tricks or tips?

- how well does the vinyl adhere and will there be an issue with the transfer tape? Its medium tack paper tape.

Thanks ladies & gents!!!!

You will be easily able to cut it with a xacto or a retractable blade knife and straight edge. I have used the black for a decal display board at my buddie's restaurant. It does have a paper cover. I use clear application tape and the decals stick just fine and the tape peels off just fine with no problem.

Very cool, much appreciated. Was there any issues applying the vinyl? Im guessing you cant press REAL hard on it or risk ripping the paper or something???

Nope no issues so far. I used my squeegee to rub them down well but not super hard like I would on glass. Since its paper the decals stick pretty well. and then just peel.

If you have a office depot up there I bought 3 boards that were 3'x4' for $17. Also many hobby stores carry them for a fair price.

The white vinyl pops very nice on the black boards.

PROVEER up here has 4 x 8 sheets of Black Foamcore for 16 bucks Canadian each, my buddy wants the boards done in lime green and white so there's no issue about it being visible LOL!

Thanks again Bigfoot!