Sign in to follow this  
cas26rr

grommet machine

What is the best/cheapest grommet machine?? would like to but used, but do not know what to look for.And what size is the standard size grommet?

thanks for any help cas26rr

I have one coming today that I bought..the second one down...with 1000 grommets. I'll post after I give it a try and tell how it works,how it is made etc.

A little secret... I tried to win the auction 3 times and every time I didn't win,I got a second chance offer to buy at my highest bid which was always $50.

Ok, the grommet machine came about half an hour ago. It is VERY heavy and solid,it does a great job with the grommets provided (1000!). IN my former life I used button macjines that were very similar to this in construction,some of them 50+ years old,and they weren't made as well as this one.

So,I suggest bidding as high as you think you want to go on every one until you either win or get a second chance offer.They have one ending about every day:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Grommet-Machine-2-Vinyl-cutter-sign_W0QQitemZ140176305366QQihZ004QQcategoryZ26245QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BTW,mine had a bit of rust around the bottom which does not affect it in any way. It doesn't look used,I expect it got wet during some Hurricane somewhere and that is why they are selling the machine at half what you would normally pay.

Banner John thanks for your help. followed the link, won on a second chance bid of $28.50. It was shipping today

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INFO 

I have used his vinyl many times. At first,by looking at it,I didn't think much of it but once I started using it, I liked it. Has a LOT of adhesive power and weeds easily.

As for the grommet machine.keep trying. I got  a second chance offer the other day for $32,bought one for my brother. Around here,self-piercing grommets(which these are) are about $8 for 100. ON ebay,with shipping,even higher.

Watch the auctions. When one is about to end for 30-40 dollars,make a bid.

just bought one last night. shipping was $28 and I won the auction for $26 so I got a grommet machine with 200 grommets for $54 total when SOOOO many other machines are $150+

when I was buying grommets at my local sign supply place,it was $8 for a gross (144). That was 144 total,tops and bottoms. When these guys said 'sets' thats what I got...1000 tops,1000 bottoms. Now that is a deal.

Sticky,you might see a bgit of rust somewhere on it,both of mine had some,but I think thats because they got wet at some point,probably bought at a salvage sale. But it doesn't affect the performance. The main body seems to be cast iron and is very heavy. For the money,I think I got a great deal,and I bought TWO.

yeah, mine had rust on the grommet bit but not the actual machine. I can definitely see why shipping was so much.....that little bugger is HEAVY! Thanks for the auction link. it has already paid for itself in my opinion. when you go from it taking about a half hr. to do all the grommets in the banners we sell to around 5 mins, it doesn't take long before you LOVE the machine!

tell me about it. The shipping label said 6 pounds but I weighed it at 12! I don't know how they got by with that.BTW if you ever need more grommets,my local supplier has that type if you can't find elsewhere.

Like I might have said I used a button machine(same design) for 30 years that was probably 50 years old when I got it. If you keep it lubed it will last forever.