Sign in to follow this  
barrypatch

Anyone use 631 on textured wallpaper

I told my client this would probably be a no go.  I thought it might work on regular wallpaper, but she said the wall has textured wall paper.

Do I turn her down?  I can't imagine putting vinyl over textured anything, talk about bubbles.  lol

Thanks.

Nancy

this is not wall paper but in Florida almost all houses have what is called knockdown it is a rough finish the wall in my house isn't real rough like some of them. I applied this and it came out fine I put it on dry with 651 and no bubbles but it was for us so if I didn't like it I would have ripped it off.  Not sure on the wall paper, maybe you could just try something on a small section and see what happens?

IMG_1729.jpg

I have texured walpaper on my dining room it looks like log cabin walls I have oracal 631 on hand and have stuck it to the walls and applied differnt amount of pressure to even used a rolling pin to apply to an area that could be replaced if id didn't come off but it came off with out doing any damage. just when removing I went slow and peeled it back against itself. It seemed like it was a low enough tack. I do not know how to load pictures on to this forum yet.

You can apply to texture just use a tennis ball in the palm of your hand rolling it over the vinyl. It will stick and conform to the texture and holds well. My walls in my office are textured and my wall words and graphic turned out perfect. May take a little more time but works just fine.

You can apply to texture just use a tennis ball in the palm of your hand rolling it over the vinyl. It will stick and conform to the texture and holds well. My walls in my office are textured and my wall words and graphic turned out perfect. May take a little more time but works just fine.

Great tip, thanks for the reminder, I forgot about that,  I think I read some folks use that to go over rivets?