ELY_M

why do minicut cutter cutter & signblazer and flexisign cut thru letters?

I have pcut mini cutter that I got from ebay around 1 or 2 years ago. 

what should I do to change the settings to make it not to cut thru the letters? 

I have blade set correctly. I follow credit card rule and it is not cutting thru the vinyl backing. 

here is pics and files.

I seem cant upload .FS file here.

http://bmx3r.com/103/103test.FS

post-6752-12986547909919_thumb.jpg

post-6752-12986547910336_thumb.jpg

post-6752-12986547911003_thumb.jpg

test103-led.SBD

post-6752-12986547919904_thumb.jpg

post-6752-12986547920248_thumb.jpg

post-6752-12986547920771_thumb.jpg

test103-led.SBD

are the lines being cut AS the rest is cut, or after? It looks to me like the blade isn't lifting.

are the lines being cut AS the rest is cut.

it seem it just cut all over. 

yeah, I thought the blade is lazy to lift or something.

what is it? is it defective machine? 

if the blade  is not lifting at all, it is probably a hardware issue..but not expensive to fix if it is just the carriage. There is a test you can perform with a 9 volt battery to see if it's the carriage, but I don't know how..never really paid any attention. Maybe if you do a search.

If the blade IS lifting and the cuts are being made after...it could be just a grounding/static issue. I'm really not all that familiar with the Pcut.

where I should put 9v battery?

on left side where you see the copper plates right? 

when I tried put battery on those plates and flipped the battery around too.

The carriage seem not move at all. 

post-6752-12986547912871_thumb.jpg

post-6752-12986547921956_thumb.jpg

I made 2 of the USC tech support guys aware of this thread...earlier this morning...did anyone ever contact you?

well, Howard is usually pretty good to help...maybe you should have asked directly how to do the test.

Anyway, if you have to ship it to them and back..with the cost of repair, you might as well just buy a new cutter.US Cutter has a 34" cutter $319 with FREE shipping, a craft Robo for $219, also with Free shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-34-Vinyl-Cutter-Cutting-Plotter-USCutter-w-USB_W0QQitemZ300350920860QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45ee4f589c

http://cgi.ebay.com/Craft-ROBO-2-Graphtec-CraftRobo-CC200-die-cut-Wishblade_W0QQitemZ280312023973QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Die_Cutting_Machines_Dies?hash=item4143e60ba5

btw.. I don't get paid a penny by USC and I don't get a commission or discount so I have no reason to recommend these other than they would be your best bet, financially.

I actually need to cut least 12 in by 12 in 

for t-shirts. 

might I have good luck getting 24 inch laserpoint for cheap. 

It will be awhile before I will get new cutter. 

I really have no idea how to do the battery test on this machine... it sounds like the unit definitely needs to come in for repair, but I would agree that you may as well buy a new machine when you look at the cost of the machine vs the cost of the repair vs the cost of a new machine I think the best course of action would be to buy a new cutter.

What about taking the cover off of the carriage and checking to make sure the small rod is is correctly?  I remember a post somewhere on here about the rod coming out and the head not lifting.