Sign in to follow this  
Booper

EPSON STYLUS PRO 10000

Anyone know anything about these printers? I have an opportunity to grab one for about 600 bucks, I read on epson's website that they do not support it anymore or make vista compatible drivers for it, just wondering if its worth it or a big 600 dollar lemon that will take up a tonne of room???

You can still download the drivers for it, maybe not Vista compatable?? I don't have the vista crap, so I wouldn't know. I have a 7000, which is the 24 inch model. It does great for indoor stuff, you can't run pigment ink through it, the head was not designed for pigment. If you can see it printing, and it does OK, no serious banding issues, has a good nozzle check, and you 're not trying to make outdoor signs, or such I would say 3-500 bucks would be a good price. They do a great job on Phototex.

Thanks VERY much for the reply, im gonna offer the guy 500 for it and see how that goes, I was reading the epsom brochure on it from 2003, and the ink cartridges are HUGE, do you know if they are still readily available and at what cost?

The banding issue, is that something that can be adjusted or is that pretty much a death sentence for a machine of this age?

The banding is a print head issue, more than the machine cost. If the seller can demonstrate the machine printing, maybe five hundred, if he can't I'd say 250. The genuine Epson ink cartridges would be almost the cost of the printer too, I use injetcarts, or inkjet super store carts. If you're looking to do signage, or decals, etc. I'd say look around for a 9600 or a 10600, they can use pigment ink which has a lot longer lifespan than the dyes. Still won't match a solvent print, even laminated, or juiced or whatever. But for strictly indoor stuff, it would be good, as long as the nozzle checks, and the banding isn't there. Then there's the waste tank, don't know if you can still get one or not, but you got to have it, and it not be full.

Well after weighing all your advice and speaking with the guy I decided to let this one go, he was not willing to guarantee me the thing would work to my satisfaction as it was currently boxed up in the warehouse and didnt have the time to set it up.

I really appreciate all the info and help knucklehead, I owe you a beer.

Good call Booper, don't worry there's more printers out there, you may even run into an affordable solvent type, if that's what you're looking for. I like beer!