dunfool

busy etching today!!

Anyone selling your etched mugs?? what are you charging? I have an order for 50 beer mugs and curious what would be a fair rate?! I attached a sample pic

post-3082-1298654824802_thumb.jpg

post-3082-12986548267289_thumb.jpg

Anyone selling your etched mugs?? what are you charging? I have an order for 50 beer mugs and curious what would be a fair rate?! I attached a sample pic

That looks like the $1 beer mug from the dollar tree.  I've been making $5 to $7 on each glass I've been doing.  I've mostly been doing them for friends, so I'm not making a whole bunch.  I need to figure out what to charge for design time.  It's easy when they have the design, but when they ask me to come up with one, that's hard for me to charge for.

I think I would like to do a few, but has anyone used the etching cream. Not sure I want to do a bunch.

Thanks

Peggy

I think I would like to do a few, but has anyone used the etching cream. Not sure I want to do a bunch.

Thanks

Peggy

I've used the armour etch on 50 or so glasses.  It works fine, but if there is a large area it doesn't seem to etch consistently and ends up a bit blotchy.  If you are doing lines and letters it's okay.

I'm picking up a blasting cabinet tommorrow so I can get better results.  Should be fun.

I have used anywhere from 60psi to a little over 100psi!! I started without a pressure regulator then after reading posts i bought a regulator from lowes for $35 and set it at 60psi like most people here recommended. I have had good luck with all pressures. 60 seems to be better for shot glasses or anything that is thin.. the dollar tree beer steins are super tick and hard so i like using the 100psi setting (plus i have slight case of A.D.D.!!) lol. play with it and see what works best for you! I am using oracal 631 and AS LONG AS THE SURACE IS CLEAN before you install sticker, i have hod no problem!