Sign in to follow this  
mdbarone

could the USB cable be bad?

I have posted 2 other "threads".. I am hoping posting this new subject will get more reads..

I am having problems with the cutter and signblazer software working together.

I have MH721, bought it Oct 2?, 2007, running it on windows VISTA, on my laptop, trying to use the USB cable. SignBlazer.

When I plug the USB cable into a port...I am not getting the "new hardward found" . I don't get anything.  Could this be a problem with the cable? 

I'm hoping that I haven't done something right with downloading a program...which one, I'm not sure.

Anyone with windows VISTA who has had a similar problem as me....not having an easy time at getting your program and cutter to work together, can you please try to help me?  I have read the signblazer manual from online...I have read the little bit of help manual that came with the cutter and software. I would really like friendly advice.

Thank you

You might already have the drivers installed. Once the cable is plugged in, check your device manager under the ports category to see if a USB Srial COM# is listed. If so, the driver is installed and you are ready to go. Just set the same COM port in the software as the one that it has been assigned in your device manager.