Sign in to follow this  
becky1233

This program makes me crazy :-)

Hello all.. I am wondering.. i have corel draw 12 and Flexi pro 8.1V1... anyway what i am trying to do is cut some simple text. i got the text cut but it looks awful.. not smooth at all. I have been reading on this forum about using CD12 to convert to curves and exporting to flexi?? is this right first of all? I could be misunderstanding something somewhere...

next what do I save it as because it dont give me the option for a .ps or .eps file?

and finally if i have to save it as a .svg do I have to use inkscape to open it then save it again as a .ps or .eps file?

Oh tis is making me crazy.. i would appreciate any help ..

Becky

why aren't you just making the text in Flexi?  You don't need corel  to do simple test,, or any text,  If you have  Flexi pro,  that is your design software.   So why would you use Corel?  Are you sure you have the  Flexi pro  or Flexi starter? 

Well I did the original one in flexi. I did not like the way it turned out. It was not smooth and I dont know of any other way to convert to curves. If you do pls let me know.

OK. I am using flexi pro. I am not sure about offset.. The file is the one I had to do in inkscape.

NOT sure about offset?  You have to set your offset. Before you can do any type of job..  It does not matter what the job is.  You have to run your test cuts and get your offset done first.  When did you get the software?  what cutter?. 

OK. I am using flexi pro. I am not sure about offset.. The file is the one I had to do in inkscape.

post the file as .eps    I only use Flexistarter,  and my text  is smooth.  and I enter it right on my Flexi screen,,  with the text button,  and I don't convert anything to curves.

Did you vectorize that in inkscape or did you type it on the inkscape screen?,  If you vectorized it,  the letters will not be smooth,,  all fonts/lettering  should be replaced with actual typed text. Do you know what font that is?

It did not come from an image. I typed this font. The font is piegnot. I figured that if I converted it to curves it would be smooth. When i first did this in Flexi pro i typed the letters and went to cut them. They were not smooth. they kinda had snags in them. i know that the blade on my cutter is good, we checked it to make sure it was not broken. The cutter i am using is Refine MH-721.

ok,   have you tried typing something else,  right on your Flexi layout screen and sending it to cutter....  is it smooth?  If it has snags,  it sounds like your offset,  or overcut

At the top of your main screen is HELP,  click it,,  and Help topics.  I think you should learn how to use your software before you advance any further,, that is the first  step.  Offset is explained there.

Guest Hugo Valencia

also you can find a few videos on youtube to help learn the program.

like this one

hope it helps