Sign in to follow this  
Brandon_Davis

Forum Re-organization

Hello everyone...

This evening we saw fit to re-organize the forum. We have had some growth and many new products which spurred this change. Levi and I have made the most radical changes, expect more, but far less impactful. We would both appreciate feedback, so feel free to comment and let us know what you think.

Thanks for you patience during this process...

-Brandon Davis

Guest sciondrgn

Under the new Child Boards I would still offer the suggestion of Removing Duplicate Boards as I originally mentioned in my PM's.. Just have one discussion per cutter.

I would also consider T-Shirts a Material and a general printed vinyl section could be added as well

We make special effort to isolate support request from plain discussion topics... It is important to us to be able to effeciently address those in need of support!

We feel that it is helpful to have the support requests and the discussions separated. We realize that currently there is a great deal of over lap, but we will be working to fix this in the near future.

More of a question than a suggestion, but is there a way to see all of the posts from all categories in chronological order regardless of whether or not its unread or not? Sort of like the "most recent posts" at the bottom of the home page but with ALL posts instead of just the last 5???

More of a question than a suggestion, but is there a way to see all of the posts from all categories in chronological order regardless of whether or not its unread or not? Sort of like the "most recent posts" at the bottom of the home page but with ALL posts instead of just the last 5???

I don't think so. I will take a look around and let you know if I find it.

Guest sciondrgn

You can modify the Recents post and there is a latest post mod that can be added but showing all that on the main page even at the bottom would extend the page out way beyond normal views, especially on busy days. I would just personally use the Topics unread since last visit option that way you get the latest and newest posts that you haven't seen.

You can modify the Recents post and there is a latest post mod that can be added but showing all that on the main page even at the bottom would extend the page out way beyond normal views, especially on busy days. I would just personally use the Topics unread since last visit option that way you get the latest and newest posts that you haven't seen.

Yeah thats what I do right now, but if I navigate away from the site for a few seconds to follow a link or look something up related to the topic im reading, when I get back all the unread posts are now listed as read and dont show up on the "Topics Unread" page anymore.  Then im left trying to guess what forum that thread was posted in and have to go searching for it.  Im on a few other boards and 99% of them have an "Active Topics" page that list all the current posts from all forums in one spot that as they become old get pushed down the line just like any subforum on here.

Small suggestion. Other forum I moderate on we use vBulletin for our forum that includes "Subscribed Threads" and that allows the user to click on his "USER CP" tab and look at all his threads he has either started, or has posted in. It also updates the subscribed list when someone posts.

It helps me, and I know it would help others (users, mods, admin) keep track of all their threads they are posted in. I know i get tired of searching for a post or forget if i even posted in a particular thread. lol

That sounds like an excellent mod. I will look into it.

Sign in to follow this