Sign in to follow this  
FrogDog

MH-871 vs COPAM ???

Hi,

Still anal-yzing this new cutter thing.  Called tech support and they provided a lot of info and now sorting through in my mind.

But still unsure.   :-

Narrowed down to COPAM CP-2500 or the Refine MH-871.  What do you all think?

I am cutting masks for airbrush painting.  First up is 5/8" lettering and some tiny stars.  Doing 15 copies of a US flag that will measure roughly 5x5 inches total.  After that it will be stencils to paint motorcycles, cars, helmets and fine art.  Reading this forum it seems that when you have a vinyl cutter work appears magically :huh: so might expand. Although cutting vinyl is not my primary business, I am a big fan of Dire Straights (money for nothin and your chicks for free  :D ) and would be glad to have extra income.

I know the COPAM will be a 24" vs a 34" and that is Ok.  And I know they will both cut the mylar/lexan I asked about in the other thread.  But beyond that what do you all think in terms of quality, durability and overall utility?  Can I expect the COPAM to do more than the Refine or are they both pretty much starter machines until I graduate to a Graphtec or Roland?

And THANK-YOU everyone for all the information you share on this board.  I have been all over it and you are a great community sharing a lot of great information.

Copam. I've always believed that when it comes to tools, always get the best that you can afford. No comparison, the Copam is a better machine.

Copam. I've always believed that when it comes to tools, always get the best that you can afford. No comparison, the Copam is a better machine.

I completely agree.

Done.  I just ordered the Copam.  Got the small vinyl package to get started. 

Hope the learning curve isn't too steep.

Thanks for all the information.  See ya the user's side.  :huh:

Wow.  Thanks Brandon. 

It is estimated for Friday delivery.  I hope it gets here early enough to call then so I can start cutting this weekend. 

We are generally here later than the posted business time. If you can not get through to us via phone just start a support ticket and/or shoot me a pm on the forums.

support.uscutter.com/