Mr Peabody

Oracal 851 - Price? Supplier? Help!

Here's the scoop - I have a customer that orders windshield banners and his logo's from me. He just placed and order for the usual stuff. Regular vinyl, nothing fancy. Anyway, he has a customer that wants 2 windshield banners for her cars. Here's the rub, she wants 2, both in Oracal 851, colors: 415 (Summer Plum) & 348 (Scarlet Red). I checked Fellers & Sign Warehouse and neither of them list 851. I'm sure it's special order ($$$$$).  ;D

Does any one know where I could find it, who might carry it.

These 2 windshield banners are going to be expensive. The reason, I think, is that the colors complement the color of her cars. That's the only reason I can think of why she would want 851.

I haven't called either place yet to see if it's available yet. I just thought I would check with some of the folks here first since you always seem to have the right information and advise.  :D

Thanks  ;D

Peabody

Thanks, I'll give them a look. I did call SW yesterday. They have it in stock, 15x10Yd min. $38.40 a roll, I only need about 4-1/2'. By the time I add S&H for 2 rolls it's around $100 bucks. That means that those 2 decals would be over $50 bucks each, before I add in my time. I passed the cost on to the customer and told him that I required 1/2 down and suggested that they pick a lower grade vinyl.

Oracal does not make 851 any longer, they make 951 now. I requested a sample for fun and a new color chart from their website. Apparently they have upgrades their product line. SW wanted $10 bucks for the color chart, Oracal will send it for free.

I appreciate the reply's - Thanks.

Hey Peabody, this is my new favorite Oracal supplier, they're kinda local to me and will deliver, but also will ship, they may have some 851, maybe??  They sell small rolls too.

www.jwalkersign.com

Hey knucklehead - Thanks for the lead, I'll check it out later. I think that it's just too costly, no biggie. I haven't heard from ya in a while, hope everything is ok. Were you able to get that DVD (CD?) thing straightened out?

P