tservice

organize images

How do ya'll organize your images. I am finding that I am having a hard time remembering what I have and where it is at.  :D

all of my clipart is on disc. 16 discs. whenever i need something i start with #1 and a beer. and onto #7 with a beer and a burger. by the time i get to the 12th disc i just download anything and make it work. have a good one!  danielt

Guest sciondrgn

I have a seprate drive and its just foldered out. Took a while but once its done your set.

Just Add/Move/Modify Folders as needed, I did a file count and im around the 80K mark file wise.. Once its set up its easy to just drill down into the folders to get exactly what I need :D

Guest Terry

Whats nice is if you have a browser preview, then go back to the eps you want after viewing them. Thats how Sign Portfolio works, you can view the graphics in a list. VERY expensive CD's

Thanks guys. I will start up DT idea but have hot wings instead..  I think when ever I have nothing better to do I will as Scion does and create a folder for each category image and label as such.. I think that will suck but less of a headache in the future.

Or maybe just less of a hangover!! I have 2 discs I got long ago that each have over 4,000 images each! Besides Dr. says I can't mix pain killers and beer -- somehow pain killers and wings just doesn't sound as good.

I am creating a catalog in Word with all the images from the discs -- so far I am up to 800. Once I finish the catalog I will install a second drive into my computer and transfer all the images from the disc to the drive -- this way all the images are available through the network.

I know what I will be doing through the winter!!