gibri

import file

Okay guys and gals I'm sure I must be the latest newbie to the forum. I just purchased a Copam 2500 and had it up and running straight out of the box. Which I was quite relived after reading all post from other people with connectivity problems. What I bought it for is mainly to cut paintmask stencils for vintage army jeeps and the like. The hood numbers and stars sounds pretty simple enough. I'm using signcut and have cut the numbers and figured most of that out okay and I have made the correct size star in inkscape, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the file from inkscape to signcut. I have read numerous posting with similar problems and tried a few of the answer to those posts. just can't get the darn file there. Any pointers This is my first experience with cutters or anything like this.

Found this thread http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,22164.0.html and did just what KIMON said in his reply to this particular thread and the file did not export to signcut I created file and then from Effects button clicked export and sent to signcut. Signcut seems to try to open and then usually a MS windows box opens saying that signcut has quit working press enter to close program. any ideas??

Most often this is caused by a bitmap or raster image in the file. Please uplode a sample file for us to look at. Also open Signcut click help then choose about signcut and tell us your revision or build number. Also what opperating system are you using?

Hello Kimon the version 1.05 WIN I am using Vista 32 bit. Not sure how to upload the file or where to. It is just a star created in Inkscape by pressing the star and polygons button and then saving. So I would'nt think it would be corrupt as nothing was added or altered.

In the reply box here on the forums choose additional options and then browse for the file on your hard drive and attach it like an email. There have been several different compilations of inkscape and in order to determine your specific problem we would like to look at a file created by you in inkscape.