Sign in to follow this  
bugzmaxx

sign installed on inside of window.

i installed a sign for a customer and now he wants to cover the inside of the graphic so the words stand out more. is it possible to go over the existing letters on the window with the internal cutout of the outside border cut? i will prolly use the wet method for this so i can line it up. is this possible?

Just based on what I have read here it may be easier and quicker to just do it over the way he wants it....

the sign is 10"x81". i was just wondering if there would be a problem with air bubbles around the writing?

he's happy with the sign, wants it to stand out more..

Oh OK I am too new to give you a qualified opinion I'll  let some of the pros answer that, in any case good luck with it....

Doing it wet you shouldn't have too many problems with bubbles.  I probably would do each word individually, wet, to get as perfect of registration for the outline as possible.

Oracal does not suggest putting th vinyl on the inside of windows because the vinyl is UV resistant but the adhesive is not.  the adhesive will deteriorate quicker then installed on the inside of the window.

On the other hand the customer is always right  (Except when he is going to make me look bad then I send em down th road

Guest kenya

+1....

I personally would not install vinyl on the inside. How about just installing a boarder or outline in a bolder color, around what you currently have.

This would make it stand out better.

Or a much simpler fix would be to apply window tinting on the inside.

I solved this problem with one customer. He already had white Lettering across the top of his windows and wanted a blue background applied behind it. I told him I couldn't warranty vinyl applied on the inside of the window. So the solution I came up with was to cut some strips of 1.8" Acrylic (plexiglass) Covered these with the Blue vinyl and applied them to the inside of the window with Clear Adhesive dots. Gave the desired affect and a 3D look to the letters on the outside. This way i was also able later go back and add lettering to the inside of the plexi that the customer decided he wanted on the back.

kevin

I solved this problem with one customer. He already had white Lettering across the top of his windows and wanted a blue background applied behind it. I told him I couldn't warranty vinyl applied on the inside of the window. So the solution I came up with was to cut some strips of 1.8" Acrylic (plexiglass) Covered these with the Blue vinyl and applied them to the inside of the window with Clear Adhesive dots. Gave the desired affect and a 3D look to the letters on the outside. This way i was also able later go back and add lettering to the inside of the plexi that the customer decided he wanted on the back.

kevin

K.I.S.S. Engineering at its best. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolleyes: