I purchased the Refine MH721 cutter from my brother who had no luck getting it to operate. I have Win98 operating system on my shop computer with signlab cutting software.I am using the Roland PNC 1000 drivers. I can get the cutter and computer to communicate but the cutter travels all the way to the end and grinds. I have verified the size settings and all are within limits.I can connect the cutter to my laptop(Vista), using Signcut and it works fine, (cutting text). But I really would like to get it to work in Signlab as all my customer graphics are in it and I cannot get them to transfer into signcut.

Whenever the carriage goes to the end and grinds against the sides, it is being told to cut outside of its actual width. I do not have a copy of SignLab, but if it is working fine with the other program, then it has to be a setting somewhere in SignLab.

Guest Terry

Thats a fact! I have made incorrect files that went over and tried to cut outside the distance and got the same grind. It's the file size or your cutting software setting, or the placement of the file in the software.

i think that he might of installed the roland PNC1000 "printer" drivers...

in signlab, im guessing, there should be an option for like cut/plot??? I dont know...

The roland pnc1000a "printer" drivers do not work with the refine...

should work under cut/plot tho, im guessing, maybe? honestly have no freakin clue, nevermind, forget it i have no idea what im talking about...

if i were you, id get signblazer from USCUTTERDIRECT.COM..........

Never used signlab, signblazer is very easy to work with. Download the trial, would not hurt.

Guest Terry

LMAO Tater you kill me sometimes. I use Flexi and WINPC, I use the Roland driver pnc1000.

I guess, what I was trying to say is...

Some software uses an actual 'printer' driver... its basically like cofiguration settings that is in the windows printer and faxes folder...

Copam, for one, has a 'printer' driver that you can install in the printer/faxes folder and it will plot from like any program, like corel...

I rember using software called dr. sticka and you had to goto file, print for the sticka to plot...

i have a roland 'printer' driver and have tried to cut/plot from the file, print option with numerous diffrent software programs and it does not work...

The only thing that it does do is send the carriage all the way to the left and chatter when it reaches the end..., kind of the same problem that bws is having... so... Thats why i thought that i would say something about the problems possibly being related...

Guest Terry

Tater I was laughing with you, not at you. I was picturing you typing... then just saying ahh f..k it never mind. LOL :D

You absolutly corect, I was walking out the door, eh.. well, my old lady was nagging me to get off the computer so that we could go out to dinner... LOL :D