Sign in to follow this  
jayben03

Corel Draw X3 VS Corel Draw 12

I am looking to get a Corel Draw program and I cant seem to get the differences between the version 12 and the X3 version? Is there little to no difference between them or are they very different?

Thanks

Jay

Jay,

i have used Corel for a very long time. now using v-12.  like all good things relating to computers x3 is the newest improved version. i have heard that there are significant improvements geared toward those of us in the cutting business. there is a new and improved TRACE feature used to vectorice graphics and there is a patch to cut direct from version X3 on this forum in the downloads section.  Cost may be a deterrent and if you are not familiar with corel there might be a steep learning curve to use the features.

i get along quite well with v-12 and purchased the manual written by Steve Bain which explaines a lot of the features of the program.

in the meantime inkscape is free and has a lot of features which may be easier to learn.  take care,  daniel t

I agree w/ Daniel, been using V12 since it came out, I downloaded a free trial of V13 when it came out, other than the trace features which are much improved and a few things in photo paint I didn't see the need to upgrade @ that time, soon as I can justify the $ I wll upgrade, many other things I NEED right now, up grade would be a luxury item...

I have no complaints w/ V12.. other than the trace.. so like Daniel I use inkscape for traceing or draw manual in corel

I moved into X3 from v12 and didn't really see much difference.  Could be that I have been using Corel so long that when they add stuff, I just use it and don't really notice it.  In the dark ages, the odd version numbers were always more stable and had more improvments than the even numbers.  But since about version 9, they have really all been good.  I was very happy with version 12, I just upgrade by habit I think.