Sign in to follow this  
semtrack

Need advise regarding old PCUT630

First I would like to say this site is magnifico.  I have been reading for days about the PCUT, I was ready to throw mine out the window.  A bit of a sad story.  Bought it 5 years ago, it sat for 6 months because I was a total newbie and purchased it with the Winpcsign product.  Came with a flashkey to install. Did you know that 2 year olds really like the looks of flashkeys...yes it disappeared.  Begged for a new one and after 4 months received it.  Installed everything and it ran fine.  I do not know anything about cutting....I love to design so it has been a challenge.  My machine has been not cutting properly cannot cut through vinyl most of the time and forget doing anything small and intricate. But after reading your info I believe I need new blades and a new strip.  I have not used it that much as I developed cancer after I started creating, now back in the saddle and ready to start.  What is some of your best opinions on software and the whole Roland blade replacement deal? I hope no one has fallen asleep reading all of this........

I would definately get the blade holder that uses roland blades. Cheaper and easier to find.

Software...download the free trial of Signblazer and try it out to see if you like it. It is fully functional and does not expire.

Signcut combined with any design program (Inkscape is free) such as AI or Corel will be good too, but Signcut is not free...though you can try it out for free.

I personally use Flexi and the starter version is not very expensive...$99 will get you the dongle version that doesn't require internet or yearly fees...but you will also need a design program with it for some things.

This machine came with a realllllly BAAAAAD instruction video.  Does the software you suggest have a not bad explanation.  I am a total newbie do not know difference between 60degree and 45 and when to use it and when not to.  I am just using this machine for my personal use. ;D  It does get overwhelming at times and totally frustrating when you are standing there with an exacto knife recutting your stuff.  You just want to take the knife and.......Thank you for your prompt reply :thumbsup:

Software is mainly all the same..just different ways of doing the same thing. If cuts not completeing, adjust the offset or blade overcut.

The best things you can do is read these forums on the various software and see what problems others are having,along with the solutions.