MaderDesign

Bashing on other forums

Here's the thing UncleCrack, this problem is not a computer problem, I didn't even hook the thing up to make a cut with it and it was already doing the same thing. So this can't be a computer issue. User error I'd like to rule out, I have built numerous computers, was one of the computer engineers at my college, so knowing what my computer has and doesn't have wouldn't be good. The cutter should not cut jagged lines like this by just plugging it in and hitting test cut.

It will if the blade depth and pressure are not right. Ken used to give this advice and it usually worked:

"decrease amount of blade sticking out and increase pressure. Not just once, but until it starts cutting better."

My blades stick out so little that I can't even see them without my glasses. Imagine the thickness of the vinyl you are cutting. It should be out enough to cut through the vinyl but NOT the backing paper.

Of course since it does this with the pen as well, it could be just the opposite..too much pressure.Could be lots of things but for 2 different cutters to have the same problem would indeed make you very unlucky.

My blades stick out so little that I can't even see them without my glasses. Imagine the thickness of the vinyl you are cutting. It should be out enough to cut through the vinyl but NOT the backing paper.

and bannerjohn's blind as a bat....................sorry couldn't help it

and bannerjohn's blind as a bat....................sorry couldn't help it

you are more right than you know.

Okay guys, just adjusted the blade to the point where it wouldn't cut anymore, and sorry, it still isn't working. I'm not lying when i say I have adjusted, tightened, loosened, moved it here and there, it just doesn't work.

I'll start by saying I lurk on a lot of similar forums. One thing I have noticed, is that on this forum questions asked in the quest of knowledge are answered by persons that just really want to help. Don't get me wrong I have learned much from tsf, however I have seen mods answer questions fast and absolutely off the point ...then ask a question shortly thereafter only to fortify my opinion.

Bash any thing you want. Search any forum for any cuter mfg/model (in any price range) and I will guarantee you can't find one without problems.

I have not ever needed tech support for my cutter. I think though, many people got spoiled by Kens participation at all levels both professional and personal . I believe this forum gives more support (by its members) in the non-mechanical sence to their cutters than any support given to any competitor machine by any means.

Okay guys, just adjusted the blade to the point where it wouldn't cut anymore, and sorry, it still isn't working. I'm not lying when i say I have adjusted, tightened, loosened, moved it here and there, it just doesn't work.

Dude, no offense, but you are going through a lot of headache, when several people have told you to try hooking it up to your machine to see if that changes anything.  This certainly won't change USCutters stance on return/exchange, in fact, if I was them, I wouldn't exchange anything until I saw the results of connecting it, adjusting the offset, and sending a file to it.

Also, how did you test the RR Rockstar logo if you never hooked it up to a machine?  http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,22822.30.html

I'm not trying to bust your balls here, but you are making a pretty big show of this whole issue, and won't even take the advice given to you by multiple people, after 3 different cutter exchanges.

Midwaste, are u kidding me? I've did the first cuts with the machine not plugged into the computer. I have also tried plugging it into the computer. I have done everything I possibly could to solve this issue. I have done everything USC has asked, I have done EVERYTHING people on here have suggested. I do not care if it was you and you wouldn't take it back. I've been patient with this thing for 6+ weeks. You think I like not being able to cut? I'm not the person to get mad on a forum and start something but when you come at me with nonsense like i'm making the whole story up, that's another thing. Basically trying to call me a liar and I do not appreciate it at all. And if your not trying to bust my balls, why go and search other threads that I have posted and post it in here "claiming" how I did cut the logo.

I'm making a big show because I've done it all and STILL can't cut a freakin straight line. I think I have been pretty optimistic about the situation.

I'm not calling you a liar or saying you are making anything up, I'm just asking to see some test cuts from it hooked up to a computer.

You have several threads going on about this now, and they are pretty much all the same.  Kudos to you for being so patient with USCutter, I wouldn't be.

I've posted multiple test cuts, including with and without computer connected. It's all the same. I just came back from my moms house which is about 10 miles away. I did the test cuts. And I think maybe this could be an electrical problem, not with my house, but with the grid. Since it did the same thing at my neighbors house. The lines all looked clean this time. I'm going to do a few more cuts here at my house and compare.