louroberto

Copyright Infringement...

Whats the deal with everyone doing vinyl using vectors as far as sports logos and I have seen motorcycle logos being used to. Is this normal? Can we get in trouble for this? Whats the deal. Thanks!

Lou

If you use copywrited material to sell,you are breaking the law.

However,if you have a customer who has the right to use the logo,you can make it for them. For instance, a real extate agent is affiliated with Remax...they have the right to use the logo so you can make it for them with their permission.

Fact is,you are only in trouble if you get caught...and as far as I know.only Microsoft and Volkswagen have full-time people who scour ebay and the internet for violators.

and as far as I know.only Microsoft and Volkswagen have full-time people who scour ebay and the internet for violators.

Oh really? Good thing I took out my Halo 3 vinyl decals. Thats a game belonging to Microsoft Xbox game console! I usually dont do pirate stuff, for real, but the game was recently released and gamers are soooooooo hard core on halo stuff!

Thanx BannerJohn

In the case of Micro$oft,all they do is send a letter to you telling you to stop. If you don't stop,then the trouble starts. They can get you suspended from Ebay to.

Most of them will get you eventually, but like I said,as far as I know,ony M$ and VW have specific full time people scanning ebay on a  regular basis.

When I have a customer ask for a logo, I make sure they have the right to use it. And I don't sell decals of copywrited material. I make some for myself,or family, but never for money.

If you want to read some really confusing legal stuff, go to the Volkswagen copywrite site sometime.Apparently,they have the copywrite on the letters VW and the word beetle, in spite of the fact that the insect of the same name was here first. But,UPS claims to own the color brown. So go figure.