bombora007

Tracing jpg's in Inkscape causes double cuts in Signblazer...

I have been using Inkscape as my tracing program for 6 months now. Since I started, I have always had to import the eps file to Signblazer, and cut withit also. When I do this, Signblazer cuts my image twice, and I have to clean up all this spagetti crap from in between the 2 cuts. When I trace same image in SB, I get a nice tidy single cut.  The problem is, I think SB sucks!  But I have to use it since Inkscape doesnt cut!

Could this be (as someone suggested) that the line I am tracing with is too thick and therefore the cutter is cutting both sides of the line? Is this possible?

What should take 30 seconds takes 20 minutes and its nopt worth doing at that rate. Im pulling my hair out, anybody help with this one?

Im about to put my foot thru the screen...

heres a pic of the stuff left behind after the 2 cuts...

Thanks to anyone who can help.

post-5197-12986545923846_thumb.jpg

post-5197-12986545938862_thumb.jpg

can you post one of the files you did in inkscape so i can take a look at it? i use inkscape to sb all the time with no problem

i don't think signblazer is the problem. sounds like something with vectorizing in inkscape

Try breaking the curve apart and dragging a node across the see the second graphic.  Then click the the dragged outline and delete it.

the path is actually just an outline of the letters. how are you making this? is this a file that you vectorized?

yeah, the eps i just posted got rid of the outline (2nd cut). just a second and i'll post a vid of how i did it