Sign in to follow this  
Bretmann900

Replacement sign

15 years ago a 4'x8' metal sheet was painted white, then letters were projected onto it and painted on. now after hail damage and other weather the paint is falling off and chipping.

What should I do? get replacement sheet metal and vinyl it? chip the paint off and paint it white then put vinyl letters on? or should I take white and vinyl the whole sign then put letters onto that?

It is a two sided sign and both sides have bad paint. Just not sure how to replace it. prices don't really matter just the best plan of attack.

thanks.

as cheap as aluminum is I'd just buy new sheets. If it's not aluminum just price out painted sheets to save yourself the labor of re-facing the old.

I would replace the painted sheetmetal with white alumapanel woth vinyl letters.

If you are determined to use the old sheet...just buy a gallon of paint remover and strip it..start from scratch. But I would just buy a new sheet and go from there..unless you have plenty of time on your hands. MY local supplier has the 4x8 sheets already painted for $37 - $100 depending on thickness