Sign in to follow this  
RPM Graphics

choppy cutting

Trying to cut a square.  While the blade is cutting Left to Right (looking straight at the front of the cutter), the cut line is choppy and looks like a dashed line, like this...-----------------.  All the other cuts (right to left and front to back and back to front) are fine.  I have played with the blade depth, cutting pressure, speed and offset.  What else can I try. 

Disregard, I had to keep using less and less blade depth to get an even cut.  So far, it seems to be working fine.....

what vinyl were you using and pressure?

Mine cuts really poorly on text and no matter what i do i cant get it to cut decently, cut lines dont match up, cuts dont touch (making me have to hand cut) and on small characters like  " . " or " i "s the dots dont cut 50% of the time... its frustrating.

what vinyl were you using and pressure?

Mine cuts really poorly on text and no matter what i do i cant get it to cut decently, cut lines dont match up, cuts dont touch (making me have to hand cut) and on small characters like  " . " or " i "s the dots dont cut 50% of the time... its frustrating.

did you ask for help from the tech support for this issue? 

no, ive just been playing with settings still... im still very new at all of this so i didnt know if it was me or the machine?

I had the same problem for months. I would get to cut good for a while then it would start again.

I finally ordered a new blade holder off ebay and haven't Had a problem sense.

The problem was that the threaded cap that is used to adjust the blade depth was not a tight fit, the cap would wobble a little

i think my issue was speed... iw asnt able to slow the p-cut down enough to cut the designs i was doing... most of my decals have been small fonts, not being able to slow it below 50 on the cut speed i think has been killing me... i ordered the older firmware chip and will be replacing it this week hoping that solves some issues