Sign in to follow this  
arhash

SignCut and MAC

MAC G5 tower (non intel)

Refine 751 cutter

Keyspan serial adaptor

sooooo.  I just got a mac after being a LONG time PC user.  My job requires me to be a MAC guy and the only reason I was holding off was because a certain 3D software package (that has now been released for MAC) had not been released.  Sooooo I switched.  After getting my Keyspan serial adaptor and changing the baud rate to 4800 and doing some minor things like removing the rug under the cutter and grounding the machine I was back up and running. Now I have a really strange problem that I can't figure out.  If I export from illustrator and import into SignCut and just immediately send it to cut wiht no changes it cuts fine.  If I add any additional weeding lines It just completely crashes.  It is the weirdest thing because it was working just fine about a week ago and now all of a sudden...crash.  I wonder if this has to do with OS software updates that I installed.  If anyone can help that would be great? I am getting extremely frustrated with having to pull off HUGE pieces of vinyl that end up sticking to other things blah blah blah.  Thanks -Arthur 

Anytime you turn the MH721 off and then back on, the Baud rate defaults to 9600, so I would ignore the message in SignCut and leave the Baud rate at 9600. Not sure about the Illy file issue.

The program crashes sound like a problem we need to look at more closely would you please go to the signcut site log in using your user ID and Email then enter a ticket, please refer to this thread. That way we can disect the problem and work on a real resolution for you. I promise we will try what we can to assist you solve this issue and report the results back here for all.

http://www.sc-x2.com

Also watch for a new update for Mac users in a few days.

First time I have heard of this issue, but as Kimon suggested, SignCut will do their best to resolve it for you. There is even an update for Mac set to be released!!

dudes.... I updated and now, I am happy to say, I have no problems.  :D Thanks for your help -arthur