Sign in to follow this  
American And Proud

How do I align/cut this in SBE?? Need a Step By Step.

So after cutting a few single color decals, I made this up.

I want to put it on a 20"x30" foam board with so many colors and SBE not having reg marks can anyone walk me through this step by step?

And will using reg marks waste alot of material?

To eliminate the White for the "Vinyl Done With Style" how would I cut that out of the Red so I won't have to cut it in white ?

Thanks

post-5921-12986545610127_thumb.jpg

post-5921-12986545624667_thumb.jpg

Vinyl done with style - select the red and white using the color select window (R click on color selections at bottom).  To select more than one color, press ctrl while left clicking on the colors of choice.  Then goto Arrange, Weld, Punch Through.  Then delete the white.

Registration marks.  Here is one for SignBlazer.  Just OPEN, Check Append, Select the file.  It will add it to the graphic, and cuts in all colors/layers.

Yes registration marks can cause you to waste a lot of vinyl.

rego.SBD

rego.SBD

I think most of it I would just measure and eyeball. Put a weeding border around each line of text the same amount as the spacing between lines. Cut out each line to the weeding border. Line up the top of one line with the bottom of your backing paper.

To cut the white out of the red, select both the red and the text and do an Arrange + Combine. It will turn the text into cutouts on the red. It eliminates deleting the text if you use punch through.

Jay

ok, I Need BABY step by steps here guys. Sorry.

How do I select BOTH the red and the white?

I down loaded that reg mark file to my desktop but it opens Another SB not going into the SB I already have open.

12 colors on this. (I just changed a star burst color so I have 12 instead of 13)

Doing it one piece at a time without reg marks I would never get the lines of text lined up right.

Tried this>Vinyl done with style - select the red and white using the color select window (R click on color selections at bottom).  To select more than one color, press ctrl while left clicking on the colors of choice.  Then goto Arrange, Weld, Punch Through.  Then delete the white.

But the option to "punch through" is not available to choose ?

If the option isn't available (not bolded) then both items probably aren't selected.  Try the Arrange, then combine method.

To append the registration mark, you need to have your graphic open, then select OPEN, check append, double click on the rego.sbe file.

How to select two colors

Method 1:  Right Click on the color bar (Make sure suto select is checked) then select one color, hold Ctrl down and select the second color.

Method 2:  Drag a rectangle around any part of both elements.

Punch through most likely was not selectable because you only had one collor selected.

Jay

Ok I believe I got the white punched through and deleted the white from that list of colors.

I opened my computer opened the SBE files and dragged that SB reg mark in there, then followed your steps and have it in my file, duplicated it so I have 3 reg marks, Where should I place them, not alot of room?

Thanks guys appreciate all the help, I'd like to get this cut and put together tonight. :thumbsup:

I think I agree with Jay - I would cut each color separate.  Draw out the measurements on the sign to align things. 

Registration marks on this one would waste tons of vinyl.  Just thought you should have the file and know how to use it.  I use it on almost every multi-colored graphic.

Are you just using this project for practice?  Or are you planning on displaying it?  It's pretty busy with all those colors.  My eyes don't know where to look, know what I mean.  I'm not sure which part is emphasized because everything is emphasized.  Just giving feedback. 

Im a Newb so this is just Practice and to use up some of that BGS vinyl I bought.

This will just sit in my home office nothing more.

Just wanting to figure out How To do this type thing.

Question on your reg file, do I have to change the color of the reg marks to the actual color vinyl being cut?

Or is this somehow automatic for each color?

I had read about reg marks in SBE someplace here on the forum and Thought I read you had to change the colors.

Practice is good.  Drives me nuts when someone says..... I have a customer's trailer coming in tomorrow, have to letter it, how do I do it?  Urgent help.  Well Duh!  Why would you commit to doing something you have no idea how to do? 

Good for you. 

The registration mark I sent you should automatically cut with every color/layer without you having to do anything.  I got it off this forum.  No idea how the guy made it!  I asked and he never responded.  So, I just enjoy having it. :thumbsup:

Since SignBlazer Elements doesn't have the reg. mark option, people make their own, which don't automatically register with every color.  Therefore, they usually make the mark a unique color, then cut one of the graphic colors + the unique color at the same time. 

Cool about This reg mark! Thankyou.

I agree, about doing a job and not having a clue.

I plan on spending the rest of the fall and entire winter getting to at least know SBE and Them when I feel comfortable will go after a job hopefully by spring time.

I have the rulers set to inches but they are screwed up there are 3-0's 3-1's 3-2's and so on.

Then when I click on CUT it shows the pieces as TINY on the vinyl.

(Have to admit I did start off this file as a business card size, is there a way to resize this file for a 20"x30"? ) Or have I screwed myself and need to start it over?

Thanks again for your help guys.

:thumbsup: Hey I figured out how to Resize it to the 20x30 I actually wanted but scaling it left it a bit short in height so I just grabbed to top center and pulled it up.

A touch out of scale but not noticable enough for a practice piece for myself.

:thumbsup: Hey I figured out how to Resize it to the 20x30 I actually wanted but scaling it left it a bit short in height so I just grabbed to top center and pulled it up.

A touch out of scale but not noticable enough for a practice piece for myself.

The learning has already begun.

OK,

So looking it over and not wanting to waste a ton of vinyl can you elaborate more on just how I should go about cutting and placing all the pieces seperately.

Sorry to be a PITA but I'd rather do it right/learn it right from the start way before taking on a real job and coming here in a Panic having 1 day to deliver. LOL

Thanks for all the help here guys. :thumbsup:

Say you want 1/2" between lines. Cut each line of text with a .5" weeding border. Leave the outside of the border and weed everything inside. Put your App tape on and trim it cutting off right at the weeding border. This will leave 1/2" of backing paper all around your line of text. You can put your first line down then line up the bottom of the backing to the top of the first line of text. It should leave .5" between when you apply. Repeat for each line of text.

Jay

OK,

I'm gonna have to do some figuring on this as they are really close to each other.

The RED skewed box goes down first, then all the black as one, what would be the best way to line them up to each other once cut?

(I know I should cut something much Easier and work up to multiple colors right?)

Thanks

I would put the red down. Then the lower black text with the line over the top as one piece. Then the yellow using the method I outlined before. Then the black logo the ame way. Then the finger. The alignment horizontal isn't as critical as the spacing between lines.

Jay

Thanks for the help.

I just setup a 3'x8' wood table back here and nabbed a 24"x36" olfa cutting mat so I will post pics of it when it's done.

(still converting the old 3 season room on the back of the house into my work area, removed windows and replaced a couple and still sifting through all the stuff I or the kids didnt want but couldn't toss out) lol

Alot of work ahead of me still learning this and getting the room Complete. :o

Vinyl done with style - select the red and white using the color select window (R click on color selections at bottom).  To select more than one color, press ctrl while left clicking on the colors of choice.  Then goto Arrange, Weld, Punch Through.  Then delete the white.

Registration marks.  Here is one for SignBlazer.  Just OPEN, Check Append, Select the file.  It will add it to the graphic, and cuts in all colors/layers.

Yes registration marks can cause you to waste a lot of vinyl.

this is great information. thanks for making my brain bigger! :huh:

bb

I dont see append in Sb, can you tell me where to locate it please,,

Thanks

MMM