Ok, i hooked up and installed everything like the book told me to- i dont have an available parallel port so i am using the serial to usb cord, i dont have a little white cd that says "corel" on it, instead i have a  blue cd that says "usb and firewire product drivers", when i installed the cutter i installed the drivers, so now everything is hooked up. but my computer will not communicate with my cutter, i am guessing i did something wrong with the drivers, i am pretty new at installing something like this

please help!

same as bryan but i can't gett mine to work help please

What interface are you using?  Have you tried using the other interface?  Please describe your setup including.

I just recived the copam 3500 and am having the same proplem.  I have tried to use the signcut driver and roland pcn-1000 on flexi.  I just cant seem to get the 3500 to comunicate with the programs.  Fyi the driver for the usb -serial converter is installed and reconized by the system.  Please help

I hope this doesn't upset the staff at US Cutter, but I've despaired of making the USB to serial cord work.  Last night I installed a parallel card in the PCI slot of my computer.  The cards cost around $30-40 and you'll have to order it online unless you know a really well stocked computer parts store.  I tried Staples, Best-buy, and many local shops but none stocked it.  After hours of tweaking the USB connection, I was delighted that less than 5 minutes of work with the parallel card had my plotter working fine.  It seems to be much faster than the USB cable anyway!

Simply remove cover from computer (after turning off and removing ALL cables) Then remove steel blank from back of computer on an open PCI slot (generally white) gently insert your new miracle working PCI card and put the fatening screw in place.  Replace computer cover, attatch cords, and boot up.  XP automatically recognized my card immediately.  Under the cutter settings in sign-cut you need to select LPT1 instead of COM1 or whatever it was before.  My card showed up under LPT3 so beware that the plotter may be attatched to a different LPT port than LPT1.  Have fun!  I'm enjoying mine!

I ended up going the same way.  The usb just dosn't seem to work after many attempts of different configurations.  I didn't want to use the parrellel but had to go that way.  After one try using the lpt1 it works fine.

Are you people making sure, when you set up the plotter in production manager of flexi sign that you are selecting the correct com port?

Heres how to decide on which port your plotter is using.

Goto your control panel on XP, click on the system icon, this will bring up a window with a series of tabs, click on hardware, then on device manager...  Click the plus sign next to ports... Do you see any red x's or yellow exclamation points? if so, you may have an IRQ conflict.  If not, click on your com port, On the first tab (General Tab) should say communtications port, Then in paraenthesis, or howerver you spell it it will say (COMx) where x is your port number.  If this doesnt match in flexi, you wont get it to work.

As with MAC users, I have no idea...

To check in Flexi.  Open production manager, Click setup, then setup properties. Click on the second tab, looks like a plug, what is there under port? Does it match the other one? It should, if not, plotter will not work.

The settings should all be default, if not, then this is what they should be

Bits per second, 9600

Data Bits, 8

Parity, None

Stop Bits, 1

Flow control, Hardware

Hardwires, Check DTR, RTS, CTS - Uncheck DCD, DSR

That is how my refine is setup, had no problems.

It would seem that thier is a proplem with the driver for the copam.  I have the new 3500.  I am waiting to get the driver and will install it when I get back to the shop.  I will let you know how it works.  trust me when I tell you I tried it all on flexi and signcut.

Ah, okay, you have the copam... Last I knew, They didnt have a driver for flexi, but that may have changed.

They still have not released a driver for the copam.Hopefully soon.But I use a standard hpgl driver and mine works fine.I also have my cp-2500 set up on lpt in flexi and signcut.Which to me is the way to go.In machine language terms the printers - scanners and cutters have been running on lpt ports for years.I have trouble setting up usb,but it's because I have so many of the new plug and play usb devices installed on the computer.And I think that's why most people are having trouble.

I personally do not prefer the lpt... I have three plotters running from the same computer and I notice a bit of lag when sending a file to the plotter that is on the lpt port.  Maybe just my computer.. Dont know?  It has always worked tho.

Any Idea why the lag, or is this typical of this configuration?

Are you running an ecp port?I had mine on a standard port when I first installed,but it did lag a bit.After I went to the ecp port and unchecked "yeild if device is busy" I have had no problems or lag.But I have also set up the letters cutters driver in the windows printers/faxes folder which acts like a print spool in signcut.And in flexi,I can click the print icon instead of the cut icon and it will cut a wireframe of the design spooled throught the letters cutter driver as a printer.

I never checked out the ECP port in the BIOS, maybe on next re-start i will check it out.

Is the Letters driver for the refine? as that is the one that i have. I thought that it only worked on the copam...?

I think it only works on the copam.I was mainly refwerring to Mr.Postal who has the cp-3500.But then again I've never tried to run R2 through flexi with the letters cutter driver.I'll have to try that and see if I can get R2 to cut from the print icon.

The new driver did the trick.  Up and running and cutting just fine ..  Just needed to adjust the pinch roller tension a bit.  I also have flexi sign running.  I downloaded the roland pnc1000 driver and it seems to work fine.