Sign in to follow this  
cox signs

need some customers

i need some business how does everyone go about getting new customers im just starting out and need to get my name out there any ideas?

i do believe they might frown on that, although i have made up some banners now if i just had somewhere to put them  lol

So,  what is your nich'e in this vinyl cutting endeavor of yours?  What do you offer that make your business so special?  LOL  What makes your business stand out?

Just make  Chyrsler  tons of  Dodge and Chrysler decals.  

So,  what is your nich'e in this vinyl cutting endeavor of yours?   What do you offer that make your business so special?  LOL  What makes your business stand out?

good question nothing i guesss my phone is not rigning lol

Got a Color Printer at the house?

Make yourself up some color Flyers, buy some Nice paper at office depot or someplace to print them on.

Get some Business cards printed up and start walking the strip malls that line every busy street, stop in an introduce yourself and give them a flyer and your business card.

You have to SELL yourself, it's Your business, got to go after the work now.

Not just collect your paycheck working for someone else.

I plan on doing just that and am making up 20x30" foam boards with mock Store Fronts, Decals, Lettering, Signs, Business Hours, anything I can think of to create a portfolio of MY work.

Hobby Lobby has the 20x30 foam boards in different colors this week on sale for 50% off.

(I am looking for a source that sells them larger)

I plan on going there again and buying up a bunch more.

My "niche" Hopefully will be adding 3D dimension to what most just do Flat. I have the idea and concept in my mind and mostly figured out on just how to create them, these would be for inside the stores use, hung on the walls or shelving racks. While also lettering up their store fronts.

I'll do parking signs for them, or warehouses use alot on indoor signage nothing fancy but they need signs.

Think of anyplace that would or could use a sign or lettering and go after them.

I plan on spending my winter here getting to know SBE CorelDrawX4 and Illustrator alot better, at least SBE I hope to be up to par with by Spring then I will start walking the streets to drum up business for myself.

You gotta WORK for it, it won't just come knocking on your door, word of mouth will spread as you start getting jobs, but as a business owner full or part time YOU have to go after the work.

I deal with a lot of business people daily in my regular job, so everyone I talk to I hand a card, and visit with them. They give my cards to the right people and I get work. I have been doing work for people 100 miles away from me in towns I have never been to from this. Some of them I goto for installs, others are just RTA. At the same time I mention to them when I am doing work for them that I do personal work as well. T-shirts for family reunions , etched glassware etc. and that brings up more work sometimes. Selling yourself is the best advertising there is. They just have to know how to get a hold of you after you talk to them. This spring I will be ground pounding like AP said, I will hit every store in every main street in every town for 40 miles around me. Leave a flyer and a card and hopefully get a few jobs out of it.

Kevin

Guest fivestar

I just put the open sign on the door and they walk in.  :thumbsup:;D ;D

Word of mouth from satisfied customers keep me busy enough for now.  will get more aggressive when i retire from my day job in 2yrs 9 months 2 weeks 5 days.

Do you work out of your home or have a store front? Do you do only signs or do you do clothing? Do you do window graphics? if you do window graphics, make sure you have some nice stuff on your own vehicles and that of friends. I would definetly make flyers and let all the local businesses know that you can do thier signage ( real estate people are always looking for signs) I have found that newspapers ads are the least effective. If any towns around you are having thier street festivals, craft shows etc rent a booth! if you do clothing, make yourself/family/friends some nice shirts and hats and hoodies, do a nice tri-fold flyer and mail it to all the schools locally. you can do a yard sign and banner for yourself and hang in your yard if you dont have a store front. Gosh...there are so many ways you can advertise yourself...the best one is your work speaking for itself. If you dont do good work no matter how cheap you are, you will not get the work.

Good luck and I hope you have found some good ideas from this thread!

Renee

Guest kenya

I have use the newspaper for advertising, but it didn't produce much. Just a couple of small decals.

I have found that business cards are the best. Even my hubby hands them out. He stopped in the little produce market & left a couple of cards & sold 2 banners to them just last week.

He's put them in the bank teller shoots when he goes through the drive thru at different banks. He's even handed some to the younger kids that work at McDonalds.  ;D ;D 

So for the $23 that I spent on the cards, I've sure made out better than using the local newspaper that cost me $55 for one ad. :thumbsup: